Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/dear-jane-christmas-block-swap-closed-t23731.html)

sandpat 08-10-2009 04:27 PM

Well, the completed blocks look really good JoanneS and Klue! Kudo's to you both...you are still just wanting to tempt me aren't you!!! :wink:

Klue...I would think that the sew along directions / questions could be one thread and Pics of completed blocks could be another thread..probably under swaps? We are getting some projects on the board that last for awhile, but I do think everyone enjoys following them even if they are not participating at the time.

kluedesigns 08-10-2009 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Hi Klue,
I am wondering if there is still time to join the DJ Christmas exchange. I missed this whole thing as we were camping for about 10 days and only been home this week. I've not been online hardly at all. Please let me know if there is still time. I have the book and will choose my blocks if there is.
Muriel

KLue hasn't posted yet, but I know she'll tell you that it's NOT too late. Pick a block and send it to her, and she'll add you to the list. Look up a few posts and you'll see the latest list of who's making what!! I think the deadline is in October....

Didn't want to speak for KLue, but didn't want to leave you waiting anymore in case you wanted to sew right now!!!!

you can speak for me any time, i feel like you know me so well.

kluedesigns 08-10-2009 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Hi Klue,
I am wondering if there is still time to join the DJ Christmas exchange. I missed this whole thing as we were camping for about 10 days and only been home this week. I've not been online hardly at all. Please let me know if there is still time. I have the book and will choose my blocks if there is.
Muriel

its not to late, the cut off time is how quickly anyone can meet the deal mailing date of 10/31.

if someone has some spare time you could make a set in about 2 days.

if you need help picking a block, let me know.

if you need templates/cutting/paper piece pattern just send me your email in a PM and i'll send it all out to you.

sharon b 08-10-2009 04:45 PM

OK Sign me up for the second block C-1

kluedesigns 08-10-2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well, the completed blocks look really good JoanneS and Klue! Kudo's to you both...you are still just wanting to tempt me aren't you!!! :wink:

Klue...I would think that the sew along directions / questions could be one thread and Pics of completed blocks could be another thread..probably under swaps? We are getting some projects on the board that last for awhile, but I do think everyone enjoys following them even if they are not participating at the time.

yes, i think you're right and the IRR will be a good indication of how admin wants it to be handled.

i really just want to give him the heads up so that he can prevent the threads from ever being deleted. when its all done he can move all the thread into one on the tutorial board.

i think it will be a really nice thing for the forum to have for its current and future members who wish to make a Jane quilt.

kluedesigns 08-10-2009 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
OK Sign me up for the second block C-1

ok, its yours

kluedesigns 08-10-2009 04:51 PM

we have another person in the swap.

her name is Faye and she sent me a PM saying she will be doing block K7

kluedesigns 08-10-2009 04:55 PM

here is the most recent taken list - we're up to 32 blocks by 21 people.

this is just wonderful and i'm so honored to be a part of this swap. thanks everyone for jumping in with such beautiful work.

we have people doing applique, hand piecing, small intricate piecing - i'm just floored by how giving everyone is with these blocks - it truly is a christmas swap.

A6 = Colletta
A8 = Bettia
B1 = mamaskeeto
B3 = Esqmommy
B13 = Crkathleen
C1 = Sharon b
C3 = tuesy
C12 = Kgoodhand
D6 = Star
D11 = Cheriffic
D13 = JoanneS
E1 = JRSAY
E10 = Bettia
F3 = Bearpaw
G4 = Buddy’s Mom
H6 = Rhonda
H13 = Norbanaquilts
I1 = Esqmommy
I2 = MNquilter
I3 = tuesy
J4 = Star
J6 = Sulabug
K2 = Bettia
K3 = Rhonda
K7 = Faye
K12 = Norbanaquilts
L5 = Kluedesigns
L7 = Kluedesigns
L11 = Buddy’s mom
M5 = Bdschafer
M10 = sharonb
M12 = crkathleen

kluedesigns 08-10-2009 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat

i think you should find a few spare hours and jump in on this - all the blocks are going to be just stunning.

i've been playing around with some designs and if you mix in some other simpler blocks (log cabin, stars, etc) you can end up with a beautiful throw from just 1 set.

Icandothat 08-10-2009 06:03 PM

I have been hovering in the background enjoying the excitement this quilt can create. This group effort demonstrates the sharing attitude of the participants, especially Klue for her willingness to inspire and organize us.
I want to join in and participate. Hopefully, I can replicate and construct these intricate cuts of fabric into a design that I, too, would be proud to share.
Please put me down for blocks J7 and K13.