Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   December 2013 pincushion and needle case swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/december-2013-pincushion-needle-case-swap-t235451.html)

Psychomomquilter 12-07-2013 05:44 AM

Argentium , thanks for the info, just wanted to see what kind of material, how they are made and all. I did find out that was shjort & sweet, so I will also try my hand at that one, and will look at those links today. again thanks Mary

lawsonmugs 12-07-2013 09:09 AM

Lynnie 13"???....... That's funny. my driveway is L shaped and about 500 yards just to get to the gravel road where my mailbox is across the road. Judy I was just hoping to get mine out early.I don't like making my partner wait til the last minute.You never know what life will throw your way when you wait til later.Everyone stay safe and warm and enjoy the weekend.Mary

lynnie 12-07-2013 10:36 AM

mary, I live in a condo, and my house is close to the walkway, when we put our fence up we went the farthest we could from the front door, for two reasons, bigger closed in patio and less shoveling. we kinda went over our limit by mistake, buy about 2 feet and the length by about 7 feet. we had just moved in and well, a case of beer and $50 can change a multitude of sins with the old board we had, My dh is on the board now and won't let that type of thing happen. so yes, we have a measly foot of show to shovel by ourselves, the condo does the walkway . worked out to be a win win situation

dotcomdtcm 12-07-2013 04:53 PM

Mailed to my partners today. Hope they arrive soon. Mail has been erratic to say the least!

peachs 12-07-2013 06:24 PM

Good news, I think...I got my stuff done, just a finishing touch or two left. Going to mail them tomorrow. Of course they won't go out till Mon, but they'll be on their way at least...

I have to say, I'm ashamed of how un-professional they look. But they were my first attempt, and there's no doubt they're home made. I hope my partners aren't disappointed.

Old_Rosebud 12-07-2013 08:38 PM

peachs - I hope I get one! I bet they both look great. I love all the pincushions I have received. Pretty soon I'm going to have to dedicate a bookshelf for them all.

Psychomomquilter 12-08-2013 03:04 AM

I did get my partners, oh and its going to be fun!!

abdconsultant 12-08-2013 05:41 AM

I will be mailing out to my partners Monday.

lawsonmugs 12-08-2013 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by peachs (Post 6444701)
Good news, I think...I got my stuff done, just a finishing touch or two left. Going to mail them tomorrow. Of course they won't go out till Mon, but they'll be on their way at least...

I have to say, I'm ashamed of how un-professional they look. But they were my first attempt, and there's no doubt they're home made. I hope my partners aren't disappointed.

The reason I joined this swap is for the homemade items. I love homemade. If we wanted perfect industrial made we could just go to the store for p c. or nb. This is just my opinion. We seem to all worry about this.Lol. Just enjoy the swap. That's what it is about. hugs Mary

Old_Rosebud 12-08-2013 09:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I know you guys are going to be jealous of my pincushion. :p I finally received one of lynnie's creations and I got the 'santa belly' PC she made. It is so nice that my pitiful pictures just don't do it justice. It is red velvet with glittery snowflake designs. The belt is black velvet with a blinged out belt buckle. Then she made a reindeer pin, red/green glass bead pin, and a 3rd pin with red and green small glass beads. Thanks lynnie - I absolutely adore it! These are all uploaded to my Swaps photo album if anyone want another look at all the great PC's I have received.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450624[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]450625[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]450626[/ATTACH]