Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   December - Scrappy Block Swap – Bento Box in Reds & Whites (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/december-scrappy-block-swap-%96-bento-box-reds-whites-t257684.html)

jclinganrey 12-02-2014 10:13 PM

December - Scrappy Block Swap – Bento Box in Reds & Whites

Welcome to our swap!The main focus, as the name suggests, is scrappy blocks hopefully fromour stash.There are a bazillion scrappyquilt block ideas available.Iknow!I counted them!Ha!Wewill be using amazing inspiration from the likes of Bonnie Hunter, QuiltersCache, Moda Bake Shop and many others.Each month will be a different pattern with a theme or color scheme andinstructions.

This month we are making the BENTO BOX quilt block in scrappyreds and whites measuring 15 ½” unfinished.For detailed instructions, please go to:

http://sonnetofthemoon.blogspot.com/2009/01/bento-box-quilt-step-1.html

One set = 4 blocks.You may send as many as 6 sets.Pleasebe sure you have scrappy reds & whites (can be solid white or whitetone-on-tone) per block.Your quiltblocks DO NOT have to be the same!Infact, make each block with different reds and whites.Please use 100% cotton, quilt shop qualityfabric to make your quilt blocks.Please pay attention to the back of your quilt blocks; pressing,snipping extra threads, etc.Be sureyour quilt blocks are squared up, trimmed and even.

Please PM me to sign up.Please provide:

QBscreen name
Realname
Numberof sets you are making/sending

After I have received all of your information I will addyou to the list of swappers.When you’reready to mail your quilt blocks, please PM me and I will send you mailinginformation.BE SURE to include the USPSenvelope WITH POSTAGE, filled out with your mailing information, in yourpackage to me.Set(s) of quilt blockswill be due by JANUARY 30[SUP]TH[/SUP] 2015.

** Please label each quilt block**

Mailing:pleaseput all blocks in one large plastic baggie along with your name and addresson/in the bag. This will help protect your blocks in case your package isdamaged. Please use a USPS Priority Mail® Padded Flat Rate Envelope (9 ½” x 12½”), buy $6.10 in POSTAGE, put postage on your return envelope and fill outyour name/address etc.This will be your return envelope so be sureto put this in your package as well!

Please read basic swap rules here:http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

Billi 12-03-2014 05:31 AM

I really like the simplicity and size of this block

But before I commit I need to clarify a couple of things for me white or wow different ones for each set of four. can the whites be even scrappier differnt white in the same block? Can the tone on tone white have the shiny or silver in the print? I have some that have dandelions it is not a holiday/Christmas print

A variety of reds or tone on tone, can the reds be a print with other colors that reads red?

jclinganrey 12-03-2014 07:55 AM

**BLOCKS ARE DUE FEBRUARY 28th**

Darn it! I've got to re-proof and proof my proof. Please make a note of the correct due date. Sorry :rolleyes:

Scrappy whites even in the same block if you like.

Predominantly red but does not have to be TOT.

Any other questions let me know -

Jane

glasqlts 12-04-2014 08:16 AM

remember to wash the red fabrics they have a tendency to bleed sometimes. don't want pink and red quilts! I haven't decided if I want to join this swap, I still have a bazillion UFOs'. I vow to try to finish some of them.

Janice McC 12-04-2014 02:42 PM

Heaven forbid, I'm probably in, too. I'll check my stash and then dates. I've committed myself to the new Boom but if I can do these before those, I probably won't crash and burn and disappoint anyone. We'll see! (Do me a favor Jane, and make next month's swap much less interesting, would you?!?!)

jclinganrey 12-04-2014 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my rendition of the Bento Box.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501209[/ATTACH]

It just occurred to me that unless you mix up your cut up sections of your various part A and part B blocks, the whites will most likely be the same. Does it matter to the group? Doesn't matter to me either way. Let me know.

Jane

jclinganrey 12-04-2014 02:52 PM

Yea, Janice. I'll try to make the next one more boring. LOL

These are some huge honkin' blocks!!! Hope you're having fun with them.

Jane

ArizonaKAT 12-05-2014 07:01 AM

OK, I have a ton of red and white (mostly red) fabric. Can I use that?

jclinganrey 12-05-2014 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6995725)
OK, I have a ton of red and white (mostly red) fabric. Can I use that?

Share some pics of your red & whites. That will help the group decide.

Jane

Billi 12-05-2014 07:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Good morning all
I made a promise to myself that I would not buy any fabric for scrappy projects it kind of defeats the purpose. So below are the fabrics that I have the most of and would like to use. 2 of the whites have a silver in them. If any of these are not within the guidelines please let me know.