Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/december-secret-pal-swap-closes-nov-30th-4pm-cdst-t206814.html)

sewdamncute 12-16-2012 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5719118)
Lori~so sorry that you're still feeling yucky!! Hope you're better soon!
I have two packages stuffed and ready to head to their new homes in the morning...one is going to CT and one is going to OH!
Have a great Friday everyone!

Ohhhhh, could that be me????

mscupid804 12-16-2012 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by sewdamncute (Post 5724400)
Hmmmm, what exactly is a fortnight?

fortnight:
the space of fourteen nights and days; two weeks.

SLHughes 12-16-2012 06:09 PM

Awesome Awesome Package.

5 Attachment(s)
I recieved the most awesome package yesterday afternoon from Sharon aka Luvstoquilt!!!

I recieved 4 quilt magazines, pins, Christmas kleenex, socks, quilting labels, manicure set, snowman ornament to hang on the tree, patterns from Joann's, peppermint bark, mint meltaways, 4 large pieces of Christmas fabric, a musical snowman, flavored teas, Christmas tree mug rug and a snowman wall hanging. I hope I didn't miss anything.

Thank you so much for the awesome package. I love it all.

brenda21 12-16-2012 07:18 PM

Great package Stacey!!

gzuslivz 12-16-2012 10:32 PM

Lori, I didn't look at the links recommended to you. The way I make tutus: Non rolling elastic, sewn together 1-2" smaller than the desired waist size. I use the rolls of tulle. Cut each strip twice the length you want the tutu to be. Fold tulle in half and make a slip knot around the elastic. Put on as many as you want. Put it on your child (or adult, lol) and watch them twirl!!

gzuslivz 12-16-2012 10:42 PM

Off Topic:
Friends. It seems so natural to call you all friends, even though I don't know what most of your look like. I have had a whirlwind of technology this weekend. My computer was old and began acting up. There were keys that, off and on, wouldn't work. Then my track pad stopped responding. I would have to wait 10 seconds and try to move the cursor. Then, I had to wait 20 seconds, then 30... So my dh asked if I trusted his financial decisions. I said, "100%". He said to put my shoes on cause we were going to get a new computer for me. I was flabbergasted! While we were at the Apple store, I talked to a tech about my phone. It wouldn't connect to wifi. They tried everything to fix it and ended up giving me a new phone. Then my husband upgraded the operating system. All this to say, I have to relearn how to use my phone and my computer. My head is spinning and my mind is exhausted. Step by step and piece by piece I will learn. I will learn. Maybe if I say it enough, I will really believe it.

brenda21 12-16-2012 11:47 PM

Renee~you probably felt that way about the old phone and old computer at one time....once you start doing it, you'll get it pretty quickly...I say this with confidence cause I recently upgraded my phone :thumbup:

Knitette 12-17-2012 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by sewdamncute (Post 5724400)
Hmmmm, what exactly is a fortnight?

Oops! Keep forgetting that language barrier - and that's not even Scottish! :D

jclinganrey 12-17-2012 07:29 AM

Janice - - -

So glad you like your goodies. Also happy to see you 'decorated' the tree!! Looks great.

Merry Christmas - - -

Jane

luvstoquilt 12-17-2012 07:53 AM

Stacey, I am so glad your package arrived before Christmas...I was sweating that since it was packed full of snowmen and Christmas fabric! It was such a fun package to put together and I am glad you liked my "homemade" things. I was on a roll for sure...at least for me! Merriest Christmas to everyone.

Lori I like the sound of taking the train. I keep thinking I will do that next time I go back to NJ! Please be well.