Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/doll-quilt-swap-50-october-2013-sign-up-here-t230888.html)

paperpieceme 09-23-2013 04:51 PM

i am stumped. i was so excited and now i am flummoxed.

Lynnie25 09-23-2013 08:49 PM

I hesitated a bit cause I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel but what the heck, I'm in for October. PMing now. But my little quilt won't be connected to any holiday celebration so maybe there is another partner out there that feels the same as I do.

QuiltingKrazy 09-24-2013 04:52 AM

I love the idea of "light at the end of the tunnel!" lol

QuiltingKrazy 09-24-2013 05:17 AM

QUILTERS....... I didn't mean to make this hard at all. Please remember, sender always has choice of what to send. You do not have to follow the theme. IN FACT.... if y'all think I should change the them for this month I will be glad to! I don't want anyone to worry or struggle! THIS IS A FUN SWAP! Please let me know what y'all think!!!

dabbler312 09-24-2013 05:29 AM

As I signed up I was excited by this months theme - there is a flicker of an idea and there is always a flicker of hope that you will come up with some fabulous design that you can share with the rest of us. A flicker of light from the flame dancing to the beat from a slight breeze.

QuiltingKrazy 09-24-2013 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 6311051)
As I signed up I was excited by this months theme - there is a flicker of an idea and there is always a flicker of hope that you will come up with some fabulous design that you can share with the rest of us. A flicker of light from the flame dancing to the beat from a slight breeze.

Awesome thought!

paperpieceme 09-24-2013 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy (Post 6311021)
QUILTERS....... I didn't mean to make this hard at all. Please remember, sender always has choice of what to send. You do not have to follow the theme. IN FACT.... if y'all think I should change the them for this month I will be glad to! I don't want anyone to worry or struggle! THIS IS A FUN SWAP! Please let me know what y'all think!!!

sometimes the struggle is part of the fun, so i wouldnt think you need to change the theme. the added challenge for me is that i have money for postage but not for extra fabric so i need to make this little guy out of my scraps/stash. i am waiting to sign up until i have a least a basic idea.

QuiltingKrazy 09-24-2013 08:07 AM

10 Attachment(s)
here are some generic ideas....

Cheesehead 09-24-2013 10:31 AM

This morning I figured out what I am going to do. If what I am planning isn't something my swap partner will like, it's something I like and will enjoy keeping. If my partner wants something different, I will deal with that at that time. The way I see it, it's a win, win situation.

Jan

createfourpaws 09-24-2013 11:32 AM

My life has gotten crazy, neither myself or mom aka LucyLou512 will not be able to participate for a few months. Mom will be having some surgery that will keep her down probably until the beginning of the year. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this theme.

Have a wonderful time swapping.