Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/doll-quilt-swap-50-october-2013-sign-up-here-t230888.html)

skaduzy 10-17-2013 04:26 PM

Happy belated Cuppy!

I am mailing tomorrow to tesspug. We are using candles but decided to use Christmas colors. Can't wait to see what she creates for me.

mooretll 10-18-2013 02:40 AM

Off to my retreat, hope to finish my dq there.
Love all the dq's coming in.

buslady 10-18-2013 05:42 AM

Boy am I feeling left out. LOL Actually finished up a UFO that is going in our local quilt show tomorrow. That feels Great!!! It is an oriental panel that I did like a round robin on. I machine quilted it with different patterns for each round. My practice quilt, so to say. Not perfect, but I am pleased!! I also made a lap quilt for a lady that moved in accross the road. She is fighting cancer and was MIA for 3 weeks. She came home yesterday. We exchanged phone numbers. I won't worry so much next time. Anyway, made a quilt using one of those panels with the sayings on it, "What Cancer Cannot Do". I am putting it in tomorrow's show, then will give it to her. It feels good to finally finish some of my UFO's. I have 6 or 7 tops ready to quilt, and now I feel confident enough to do it. But...I will not miss next months DQ swap. I love it so much. Last night I took down all my DQ's, filled out info labels for them and they are going to the show!! I put on the label what the theme was, who made it and where they live. If I can find time, I want to find pictures of the ones I sent to them to put with each one. Don't think it will happen. LOL All the DQ's so far are just gorgeous, as usual.

kiffie2413 10-18-2013 02:59 PM

Buslady,
You've been a busy gal! Can't wait to hear how your quilt show goes!
Kif

kiffie2413 10-18-2013 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 6354524)
Kif, not sure which fabric you are referring to. The back of the dq is just a pink polka dot type fabric with the quilt label. The blue swirl fabric on the front I purchased that way and the last picture is a fq with candles that I just included in the swap.
Jan

The last pic is a fq, eh? I couldn't tell...the way it's folded looks like it has finished edges...I have never seen a mosaic fabric like that..It's really lovely!
K

kiffie2413 10-18-2013 03:06 PM

Lynnie25,
You sound like you're as close to your seam ripper as I am mine!! Lol... I just saw a 1st shipping update on your pkgs...yippee!! Hopefully you will get them and your Fall table runner before it's time to send the Winter table runners!...;)
Take care!
Kif

emc1118 10-18-2013 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6354516)
Happy Belated Birthday Cuppy. That birthday DQ is amazing !

Doing the HAPPY DANCE here - my purple mood has lifted and I now have emc118's DQ top done and ready to quilt so I am tickled pink....there is a couple of clues there about the quilt, can you guess them LOL LOL

My second attempt went a little better than the first but still had plenty of unpicking to do along the way. Not sure that the seam ripper is going to be able to part with the DQ, might have to send it along too :)

You are so quick! Don't know where the week went but it wasn't spent putting my idea to fabric. I am hoping tomorrow is the day.

Elisabrat 10-18-2013 08:00 PM

I am thinking of sneakily mailing off to my two partners I mean I don't care how long it takes them but I am done!! I want to share them!! maybe they wont notice if I mail? oh shoot they will notice.. sigh.. hint hint they might just magically give me permission to send.. wishful thinking.. come on ladies.. hows about Monday I can wait til MOnday if you make me... :) ok ok never mind.

see patience is something I am working on. I suck at it :)

kiffie2413 10-18-2013 11:03 PM

If you lived closer I could put you to work, Brat...my dil's baby shower is a week from tomorrow..er, today. I have a gazillion things to get made for my grandson to be and also making few things for his big sister..Grammy can't have her feeling left out..:thumbup:. I also "somehow" got roped into making a guitar made from diapers and receiving blankets for the shower. Of course I couldn't use already made blankets..not with all the cute flannel fabrics I have..Plus, when I finish the edges, it'll be a good time to try some of those fancy stitches on my machines that I never seem to use! So, if you were closer, and I put ya to work, then you wouldn't have time to be impatient!
K

Elisabrat 10-19-2013 03:49 AM

oh oh can I decorate for that party?? love to do theme parties.. sigh. no too far away. and truthfully never done edging on blankets before... I have wanted to buy some flannels and try working with them but think that I hate flannel that .. gets bobbles on it after you wash them first time (what are those called) dibbles? even when I see fabric that says its no.. pill? I don't believe it. hows that for faith in the fabric companies lol..