Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/doll-quilt-swap-50-october-2013-sign-up-here-t230888.html)

QuiltingKrazy 09-24-2013 11:38 AM

We will miss you and your mom! Praying all goes well for you both.

tesspug 09-24-2013 01:35 PM

Been away for a while, but I am back and joining October. Can't wait.

skaduzy 09-24-2013 03:40 PM

I'm in.................this should be a challenge!

Elisabrat 09-25-2013 01:36 AM

I see sunlight myself. that is the eternal candle in my head.. a ring of light .. ever look up and see like rings around it? very much like a candle. Thanks for all the ideas I am sure if one went to pinterest you could find a bunch more. the inspirations are everywhere and a grand use for left over scraps I think. if you have a bit of gold/yellow for the top the rest is easy if your doing a candle at all and the colors again.. if you stare at a candle the glowing ring of colors around it are right there for your enjoyment :) I swear I am not doing another dq. I swear it. I am working on things I have to finish.

Mamaskeeto 09-25-2013 05:01 AM

I've got to sit this month out, way to many thing to do in October. I have a major convention with work and I have to do presentations. Oh joy! I'll be watching when all the great little quilts are posted and hope to join back up in November.

paperpieceme 09-25-2013 05:14 AM

i am also going to sit this month out, after thinking about it, we just have too much going on for me to do a good job.

omacookie 09-25-2013 05:23 AM

I should sit this one out but my imagination is already working !! Count me in. I love to blow out candles. Hugs

Elisabrat 09-25-2013 05:58 AM

I think you all should play! don't run, don't hide.. embrace this challenge with vim and vigor. If you sign up I will sign up. there I said it.. I have other things to do too but this is so much fun and seeing the variety of things that are made is so much fun. I love the concept here because well you can interpret it your own way. Does a candle mean romance to you? candles flowers.. vino? lol.. have a glass of that btw and your ideas will just start jumping at you on paper! its true I have tried it! two glasses don't sew or drive but draw draw draw! the best part about sketching something is you can crumple it up after and well no one will see your art work. hum how about just doing a dq in the colors that to represent the light of a candle? like a graduating light colorwork? or.. if you truly don't like the theme you can work with your partner on your own agreed upon theme. This way you do not make a Christmas work for a person who does not celebrate this. but candles most of us light candles and that is non denominational for sure. its a candle. when do you light one? make a dq that represents that emotion of how you feel when you look at one.. I love to light them especially near the holidays. and sit at night and just enjoy the glow. I say you picked a great them Quiltingkrazy. fun fun fun!

jaba 09-25-2013 09:46 AM

I'm in, just sent you a PM Krazy. Have to think on this a bit, but I'll come up with something..

paperpieceme 09-25-2013 01:07 PM

oh dont tease brat. you know you want in whether we are here or not. you have about 50 quilt ideas in your inspiring post.
i am taking my family and my parents to DC for a good chunk of October, in a mini van from WI. i just cant imagine getting it done on time.