Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FALL BLOCK SWAP... (CLOSED) PLEASE SEE MY POST ON PAGE 32 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fall-block-swap-closed-please-see-my-post-page-32-a-t24742.html)

crickets 09-07-2009 03:37 PM

Okay, I'm jumping in with both feet - if Double Sawtooth Star isn't taken - it is now! It's always been my favorite block, and putting it together will keep my mind off the fact my oldest is entering kindergarten this week. Soooo, while I'm not sniffling that she is so big already, or chasing my 1 year old around, I'll be sewing. Oh, wait, and shopping for fabric first!

Teacup 09-07-2009 05:09 PM

Welcome! A new sewing project will be great to help you with this transition. I remember the day my oldest started...happy and sad. Good you have another one at home to keep you busy besides the quilting!

OdessaQuilts 09-07-2009 05:13 PM

crickets,

i remember those days ... it seems almost like yesterday when my oldest was stepping onto that big yellow bus for the first time (20 years ago this week). Tomorrow, my youngest drives herself for the first day of her Senior year of High School. My, how the time has flown!

Honestely, I never had separation anxiety when my girls went to school. It was wonderful seeing them take those first tentative steps into the world and we really enjoyed their successes.

Oldest is married now, with two adorable grandsons for me to love. Middle child is a Senior in college, expecting to graduate in December of 2010 with a degree in voice and planning on Graduate School. SHE will be getting her own quilt if she graduates (we honestly never thought she'd get this far; she nearly didn't learn to read!), as her achievement far surpasses anything we could have ever hoped. Youngest is off to the Big Apple to make her way on the Great White Way after high school.

Life is different, but good. So block swaps and sewing make me happy and keep me sane and worry free (well, as worry free as one can be with children). So what I'm telling you is to not worry about it. Enjoy each of your child's accomplishments because they will come fast and furious and beforfe you know it, you'll have those little grandbabies to love and cherish and you'll be wondering where the time went....and why, oh, why, did you not get more quilting done back then???

Odessa

p.s. Welcome! Glad you could join us!

buddy'smom 09-07-2009 10:57 PM

Thanks ladies, all the blocks are looking super!!!
Colletta, I will need you to email me your address, thank you.
Kimberly

collettakay 09-08-2009 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Thanks ladies, all the blocks are looking super!!!
Colletta, I will need you to email me your address, thank you.
Kimberly

I pm'd you my addy.

crickets 09-08-2009 04:19 AM

Thanks ladies - glad to know i am among friends who get it. So appreciate your support. Friends and quilting will make it all better! :)

Esqmommy 09-08-2009 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my blocks. There are several iterations of fabric because I made so many mistakes on my original blocks I chose, that I ran out of fabric. I realized I should have done fussy cutting in the center squares, but it was too late and I was out of fabric when I realized it. Oh well, hope you all like them.

kluedesigns 09-08-2009 09:25 PM

they look great esq

wvdek 09-08-2009 09:35 PM

Lookin good!

KGoodhand 09-09-2009 03:56 AM

You guys are doing great! All the blocks are going to look fantastic together! I want to know where you are all finding such cute fall material?!? I am having no luck! The closest I can come is the colors! I would love to be able to find some cute material around here!