Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Fall Round Robin Group B is open until 10/1/21 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fall-round-robin-group-b-open-until-10-1-21-a-t316297.html)

Violetsunnus 12-15-2021 02:39 PM

Oh boy, I am really messed up. Hav4boys said Thursday would be late. I was thinking Thursday was on time. Sorry. I did not want to say my Dad passed away too, because it was around the same time as Carrie’s. I just plowed on. My Dad was 104. My Mother is 101 and the doctor has informed my sister and I that she is declining from a broken heart. My brain has to first get around that my Mother might actually pass from a broken heart. I get it, I do. We used to joke what would they do without each other. We said my Dad or Mom would not know what to do, but you just say it not realizing how true it is. My Dad had a good life my parents were married for over 80 years. I have never known the world like this without my Dad. I just wanted you all to know I am not flaking or anything-I have just been in my feelings and dealing.

carriem 12-15-2021 02:49 PM

Thank you for sharing! We all completely understand. Praying for you and your family.

Originally Posted by Violetsunnus (Post 8525418)
Oh boy, I am really messed up. Hav4boys said Thursday would be late. I was thinking Thursday was on time. Sorry. I did not want to say my Dad passed away too, because it was around the same time as Carrie’s. I just plowed on. My Dad was 104. My Mother is 101 and the doctor has informed my sister and I that she is declining from a broken heart. My brain has to first get around that my Mother might actually pass from a broken heart. I get it, I do. We used to joke what would they do without each other. We said my Dad or Mom would not know what to do, but you just say it not realizing how true it is. My Dad had a good life my parents were married for over 80 years. I have never known the world like this without my Dad. I just wanted you all to know I am not flaking or anything-I have just been in my feelings and dealing.

JessQuilts 12-17-2021 07:27 AM

Violet, really sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family is in my prayers. Take your time mailing the package! I'm out of town for the holidays and won't be able to pick it up till Jan 1 anyway, so take your time!

Annaquilts 12-17-2021 08:03 AM

So sorry to hear about your dad's passing and your mother not doing well. No matter at what age it is very hard to loose a parent. Prayers for you and your family. If you are indeed running a little late, I am sure people will understand. You have a lot going on that is beyond your control. Hugs.

Violetsunnus 12-17-2021 08:59 AM

Packaged was mailed yesterday. Will be PMing tracking info. Will be posting pic.

Violetsunnus 12-17-2021 08:59 AM

Thank you all very much.

Violetsunnus 12-17-2021 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the pic-my challenge was staying with the colors I did sneak a muted orange, I think it did well. I also include 4 3D quilt blocks. The corner blocks were the repeating of the multi-color rays of the block, I turned them in to signify good rays radiating back to you. With the other blocks I did the repeat of the rays also and a different take on the small square blocks. And the whole fabrics in between blocks were the solid colors from which you did in the corner of your center block as stand alone. The block that is on the right and is two triangles represents those corner blocks as well. Right lower and upper left-sun rays(good energy); lower left-wealth onto you, upper right-blooming flower abundant life. Hope you enjoy.

Attachment 636866

carriem 12-17-2021 11:37 AM

WOW!! So much detail! Thank you for this. ❤️

Originally Posted by Violetsunnus (Post 8525712)
Here is the pic-my challenge was staying with the colors I did sneak a muted orange, I think it did well. I also include 4 3D quilt blocks. The corner blocks were the repeating of the multi-color rays of the block, I turned them in to signify good rays radiating back to you. With the other blocks I did the repeat of the rays also and a different take on the small square blocks. And the whole fabrics in between blocks were the solid colors from which you did in the corner of your center block as stand alone. The block that is on the right and is two triangles represents those corner blocks as well. Right lower and upper left-sun rays(good energy); lower left-wealth onto you, upper right-blooming flower abundant life. Hope you enjoy.

Attachment 636866

hav4boys 12-20-2021 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
5 days late and I am soberly sorry. Jess wanted dogs, scrappy, and blue. Hope I hit it. I did not put on button eyes so that the quilting would be difficult.

Annaquilts 12-20-2021 02:31 PM

Kathy as always you did an amazing job. I love all the dogs.