Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2012-doll-quilt-swap-no-theme-senders-choice-t176576.html)

Judith1005 02-09-2012 06:29 PM

Wow, all the little quilts coming in so far are fabulous. I don't know how we can possibly keep outdoing ourselves but we seem to be doing just that. Love the conversation hearts, the flower with hearts (outstanding), love the farm! Wonderful applique work. The four little hearts, love the quilting and last but certainly not least, I love the stained glass looking DQ it's so crisp and precise. Beautiful work.

Needlegrammy 02-09-2012 06:55 PM

Chele, Thank you for all the hard work you put into our Doll Quilt swap. You did a fantastic job and kept it running smooth.

Krystyna, Congratulations!!! I know you will do an awesome job. Thanks for taking on the swap.
Oh sign me up for March!!!!!!! LOL:thumbup:

Needlegrammy 02-09-2012 07:22 PM

Teresa, I used steam a seam lite with fabric on both sides , then cut the hearts out.

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 4957765)
Needlegrammy, beautiful quilt but what did you do to the hearts edges to prevent them from fraying?

Thanks everyone for all the sweet comments.

LeslieFrost 02-09-2012 07:25 PM

My little quilt is done and will be going into the mail tomorrow! And it's only the 9th of February -- so NOT my usual pattern. Hope sammygirlqt likes it, when it gets all the way to Saskatchawan (is that spelled correctly? Hmmmm.)

Needlegrammy 02-09-2012 07:46 PM

Your valentine DQ is adorable. Good job on your applique and quilting.

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 4958961)
I would like to thank my partner goldsberry921 for my beautiful doll quilt. I received it a couple days ago, it is wonderful and she sent me some goodies to go with it too. Thanks so much goldsberry921![ATTACH=CONFIG]310302[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310303[/ATTACH]

Needlegrammy 02-09-2012 07:51 PM

What a lovely Barn Quilt! Nice work on your blanket stich!!!!

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 4959109)
Look what I received in my post office box today! Thank you so much moonrise, I absolutely love it! Being new to swaps, it is a wonderful learning tool to receive such lovely doll quilts from those with so much talent! I was amazed at how Lisa was able to put so much depth into the quilt. Thanks for being such a great swap partner, I will mail yours out Saturday morning, hope you like it.
Not only did my partner send me a wonderful quilt, she sent goodies too! Chocolates, sewing needles, marking pen, photo frame (which I have already filled with my darlin' grandsons picture showing a cow at the fair), such a thoughtful package, loved the theme! Thanks again Lisa!:)

Crazy Quiltin Robin 02-09-2012 08:38 PM

Feeling the LOVE this month

3 Attachment(s)
Got my lovely little quilt from Chele today .... must say I am feeling the LOVE in this quilt
First pic is the front, second is the back .... love the puppy houses.... and the third is its
honored place on the wall in my new sewing space at my house ... since I am doing more
treatments sometimes I just dont feel like going across the street to my Quilt House ....
so my DH calles this space the MINI space ....ha ha ha .... Love this quilt Chele ... it makes my
heart happy .... and thanks for the sweet valentine fabric .... this swap is awesome it
makes my day to see all the sweet quilts here ....

Crazy Quiltin Robin 02-09-2012 08:40 PM

Chele yours will be in the mail next week ..... sorry Im slow this month !!!!!!!

Lv2sew2011 02-09-2012 10:16 PM

All the heart quilts are adorable, and the farm quilt is great too as well as the Stainglass and the love quilt is cute to... I finished up my quilt today and it will be heading to new owner soon, I've got to make a run to the PO but just haven't had a chance to do so...

Great quilts keep pictures coming love looking at them..

Chele thanks for all you've done with the swap and Krystyna thanks for taking over the swap, you'll do great!

Donna

jillnjo 02-10-2012 05:40 AM

CQR-Your quilt from Chele is LOVEly! And I'm admiring your area for sewing and minis on the wall! I am thinking of doing something like this in my room, but I should paint my cabinets and walls first...:).