Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2013 Doll Quilt Swap "Strips and Stripes" Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2013-doll-quilt-swap-strips-stripes-sign-up-t211287.html)

Crazy Quiltin Robin 02-05-2013 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5817632)
The art quilter I mentioned above, Ann Brauer, wrote back to me! What a sweetheart she is. I never in a million years thought I'd hear from her but ... surprise! I was so thrilled. I'm hoping that maybe in the summer I can visit her studio. That would be so much fun!

Krystyna how exciting ...... I will be out to get my copy tomorrow .... I'm sitting out this month .... but I'm watching you guys .... have fun ....

urgodschild2 02-05-2013 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 5835589)
We have Tim Tams (yum) and Vegemite (yuck) and the BEST Cadburys Chocolate ever !!!

Well tim Tams sold their recipe to Pepperidge Farm so we can buy them here now. So glad to see you go yuk on vegimite. My granddaughter loves it. Daddy started her on it as an infant. But her brother who is 2 years younger just went over to the dark side and likes Vegemite now. Poor Mally......my daughter and I are holding out for him to stay on the light side with us. You can join us seeing you said YUK.

Krystyna 02-06-2013 05:07 AM

Good morning ladies. I need two angel quilts. Please PM me if you can help out.
Thank you!

AlaskaAlice 02-06-2013 01:02 PM

What do you mean? (Angel quilts)? big, little, etc.? I have an extra DQ.. Alice..

Krystyna 02-06-2013 01:12 PM

Alice, an Angel Quilt is when someone (also known as an Angel) steps in to send a quilt to someone who didn't receive one from their partner. And that can be from months ago! Sometimes life interferes with doll quilts but I always ask the person to let me know so I can get someone to step in. In my own case life interfered with getting my November doll quilt out due to Hurricane Sandy -- but I my partner was understanding and I have the pieces here to quilt for her. Although since it was a Thanksgiving theme she'll have to save it for some months before using it ... so she will get two from me.

So, in short, an angel quilt is one that is sent by someone to another member who didn't receive one.

AlaskaAlice 02-07-2013 01:25 PM

Krystyna, How great! I might be able to send one..or two ..if I know what the themes that are needed I can make some. so.I have to add the label and send one to cuppy and I made some samle blocks (little versions of blocks for bigger quilts . I am using to make so more.:) I have found they (DQs)are a great size for placemats and mouse pads.. Let me know if someone would like one. This is fun! Alice

Krystyna 02-07-2013 01:32 PM

Waiting to hear from the person who should receive them. So don't start stitching yet! But it's always nice to have one on hand ...

YIKES! Bracing for another storm in these parts! Glad we're not in Long Beach as they are predicting more flooding! All my oil lamps are at the house, so gotta run out to get some candles ... and how will I sew????

Linny 02-07-2013 02:54 PM

Took advantage of having transportation today....mailed DQ's to both my partners, Krisb and Handi......they're on there way ladies, and I'll be tracking them.

Difergie 02-07-2013 02:58 PM

Mailed mine to Megan today also.

Lynnie25 02-07-2013 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5845497)

YIKES! Bracing for another storm in these parts! Glad we're not in Long Beach as they are predicting more flooding! All my oil lamps are at the house, so gotta run out to get some candles ... and how will I sew????

My gosh, stay safe Krystyna. You might have to rethink your new house and opt for a big houseboat or something similar.