Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2016 Mug Rug Swap -- St. Patrick's Day or Green/White (Partner's Choice) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2016-mug-rug-swap-st-patricks-day-green-white-partners-choice-t274785.html)

terriamn 01-29-2016 05:47 AM

Jaba good luck on your hand surgery. Hope it helps with the spasms and pain. Have back spasms so know how much they hurt and how unexpected they can be

jaba 01-29-2016 06:26 AM

Surgery done, now it has to heal. Stitches come out on the 8th of Feb. Guess I'll know then:) Not use to hanging around in my PJ's all day but not any other choice. My hand is really swollen and has bandages so it's about the size of a baseball mitt. Can't do anything with it except twiddle my fingers so they don't get stiff. Just need to get off the percocet now so the nausea goes away. I need to find a good book if I can stay awake long enough to read

KLTQuilts 01-30-2016 05:29 AM

JABA - so happy to "hear" you back up and running (ha, ha, ha!). Each day you'll feel better . . . just keep twiddle your fingers :thumbup:

ctyankee 01-30-2016 05:50 AM

So glad you're back home, jaba.

If anyone else wants to join the swap, please PM me. Partners will be posted on Feb. 1st.

Irene C. 01-30-2016 08:19 PM

There's been some conversation on a few other swaps about the extras. I know here we only need to send the one mug rug and extras are allowed. Our host is awesome and this has turned out to be my favorite swap.

I started looking at last months photos to see what we send. This group is amazing, lots of wonderful items and I don't think any of them were excessive. I appreciate getting extras and it was nice to see everyone's lovely work.

I was most impressed with all the extra handmade goodies that were sent. Fabric bowls, kitchen towel, pincushions, needle books, coasters, Kleenex holders, fabric holders so many lovely things made of fabric and paper.

I just wanted to say I am so inspired to try and make a few of these for next month, some look so simple too, great for the beginner sewer. I will still send a little sweet candy:D, now to find some free how to's on the internet.

What do you think? Who loves handmade?

jaba 02-01-2016 07:58 AM

Feeling much better and hand seems to be healing nicely. No percocet "fog", had to quit that stuff, gave me a throbbing headache. Another week and the bandages will come off and the stitches out, how nice that will be! I'm going nuts in my PJ's everyday, not use to that. One positive, hubby cooks and has to do the dishes :) Getting lots of reading done too, wish I could figure out how to sew.

terriamn 02-01-2016 11:18 AM

Jaba I fractured my foot in 2 places on vacation last week. Decided I didn't want to go to a doc in Mexico so walked on it for 4 days. Owie. In a boot now and supposed to stay off it. Really needed to check on some fabric downstairs. Waited till Dh went to work, hobbled about 10 steps to the basement steps, went down the steps on my hind end, grabbed my rolling chair, found all the fabric that was needed. Scooted the chair over to the steps with good foot and gave it a shove back into sewing room. Went up the stairs backwards on my hind end and crawled over to the couch. Feel like I ran a race��Heart is just a racing. Will now stay on the couch as much as possible

lynnie 02-01-2016 11:24 AM

gosh, the people on this board are a broken mess. Jaba and terriamn, hope you both recover quickly,
as for homemade, I LOVE it!

jaba 02-01-2016 11:33 AM

Owie is right!! How long do you have to stay in the boot? They are the most uncomfortable thing to wear!! The way you described your "trip" I was right there with you (have done that too) :) It's almost more work than it's worth, bet you feel like you were at the gym for hours.....be sure to recoup between trips :)

ctyankee 02-01-2016 02:30 PM

I'm with Irene & Lynnie -- handmade is the best. I guess that's why we all love these swaps.

terriamn -- I felt your pain going down the stairs & back up. I got a laugh from visualizing you pushing the chair back into your sewing room! (Sorry about that!) Just take care of yourself; I once had to wear that boot, so been there, done that.

jaba -- you, too, girl ... take care of your hand.

Doesn't anybody else have an opinion on handmade goodies?