Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2017 Mug Rug Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2017-mug-rug-swap-t285466.html)

ctyankee 02-01-2017 04:50 AM

Okay, ladies, I have a dilemma.

DragonflyNana is the only one who informed me she is willing to ship internationally. However, she & CarolinePaj already swapped for the January mug rug swap, which would make it 2 months in a row. We really need someone else to step forward; otherwise I see a problem for next month as well. Anyone willing to take on an international partner? I have the list of partners all set, but Id like to see these ladies get a different partner for February, so I am holding back on posting partners. Please help me out here, ladies!

Thank you!

jaba 02-01-2017 08:14 AM

I'll be glad to swap with CarolinePaj if she's willing

terriamn 02-01-2017 11:01 AM

Last year I did the DNA test through one of the online testing places and found out to my total surprise I'm 32% Irish. This will be my first year celebrating that heritage.

Dragonfly Nana 02-01-2017 04:33 PM

Thanks Lana, though I would not have minded swapping with CarolinePaj again if it meant we could all play.

Congrats terriamn - welcome to the Irish team (though I am only about 1/8th). As they say - we are all Irish on St Patty day!

ctyankee 02-01-2017 06:38 PM

Okay, ladies, here is the partners' list for this month:

CarolinePaj -- jaba
Armylady2012 -- nhnative
bgood -- Jan Rutherford
NanaKathy -- annt59
terriamn -- Lilrain
Dragonfly Nana -- Donna H-M

I can hear those sewing machines humming away! Have fun!

ctyankee 02-01-2017 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7754671)
Last year I did the DNA test through one of the online testing places and found out to my total surprise I'm 32% Irish. This will be my first year celebrating that heritage.

Two years ago I did the same thing. I got 2 surprises when the DNA results came back -- I've got Irish and Viking blood! My Irish-born hubby was very pleased, I'll have you know! We used to live in Ireland when the girls were little, & the natives all thought I was Irish ... & I spent many, many years telling people, no, I don't have any Irish blood at all! Oops!

NanaKathy55 02-02-2017 06:54 AM

I also took a DNA test and I am 65% Irish..which I really already knew with grandparents named Carrigan & Kelly..My daughter named her first girl Ciara Carrigan so the name lives on..Happy Sewing!!!

jaba 02-02-2017 08:30 AM

I just sent CarolinePaj a PM. Waiting to hear from her and get her info to send to.

Dragonfly Nana 02-02-2017 04:00 PM

Donn H-M and I have connected - on to the sewing room!

terriamn 02-02-2017 08:14 PM

Nana Kathy, that is so neat, love that your dd is carrying on the name

Originally Posted by NanaKathy55 (Post 7755280)
I also took a DNA test and I am 65% Irish..which I really already knew with grandparents named Carrigan & Kelly..My daughter named her first girl Ciara Carrigan so the name lives on..Happy Sewing!!!