Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-rhondas-quilt-block-swap-t212416.html)

queenof2802 03-04-2013 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the block that I sent to AlaskaAlice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399823[/ATTACH]

sgardner 03-05-2013 11:23 AM

Queenof2802- It's cute!

I have my block done for TwinRiverFarm; hunting for my camera to take a pic so it can be mailed today!

queenof2802 03-05-2013 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by sgardner (Post 5906534)
Queenof2802- It's cute!

Thanks, Shelley!!

sgardner 03-05-2013 11:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the block I made for Miriam:

It was almost an accident- the center was from a block that I never finished, and the edges were from another, and when I picked them up and laid them next to one another, well the colors fit and I liked very much the secondary design it make. I have no idea if this particular layout is in Rhonda's files or not, but I thought it was cute.

Oh, and please excuse the colors- it's not that yellow, and it's much straighter than it appears.

Rhonda 03-05-2013 11:55 PM

It looks great shelley!

Rhonda 03-05-2013 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by queenof2802 (Post 5904598)
This is the block that I sent to AlaskaAlice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399823[/ATTACH]

very nice queen! I love the chickens!

TwinRiverFarm 03-06-2013 06:24 AM

I love it Shelley! I actually have 2 for you, one is done, the other getting finished today. I played aroiund with colors and while I use Rhonda's templates and methods, I rearranged things , so strickly speaking they may not match existing blocks. Rhonda, I have actually managed to wear out the 2 1/2" template in the past year! My favorite quilting tool.

sgardner 03-06-2013 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm (Post 5908492)
I love it Shelley! I actually have 2 for you, one is done, the other getting finished today. I played around with colors and while I use Rhonda's templates and methods, I rearranged things , so strictly speaking they may not match existing blocks. Rhonda, I have actually managed to wear out the 2 1/2" template in the past year! My favorite quilting tool.

I have done a lot of these swaps, so the color values are all over the place. Nothing really "matches" LOL

Rhonda 03-06-2013 11:38 AM

You know the reason I started this swap was to get people to try my methods. I wanted to share the shortcuts I had found and show people how much fun they were. I love it when people take my ideas and play off of them as that is how I developed these shortcuts in the first place. I saw something on Simply Quilts that sparked an idea and I tweaked it to come up with the methods I use today. So if you rearrange the pattern I am fine with that! We all see things differently. I just dont' want anyone to go and use someone else's patterns here. It would defeat the purpose of sharing my methods.