Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closed-january-31st-4pm-t212016.html)

reeskylr 02-06-2013 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5842482)
LindaR you would have maybe gotten by cheaper had the items fit into a flat rate box. The medium one holds alot of stuff (this is the size I always use) and mails for $12.35 with the included tracking. The boxes are free at the post office.

Ooo, yeah, LindaR. I agree with Jaba. Ouch on $39.00, I couldn't afford that. The medium Flat Rate box rocks for cramming stuff in there. lol. They have the long skinny one and the regular box now.

buddy'smom 02-06-2013 12:36 PM

My package is on it's way, heading south west of me?? Who could it be?? I hope you enjoy your package.

Vanuatu Jill 02-06-2013 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr (Post 5842932)
Ooo, yeah, LindaR. I agree with Jaba. Ouch on $39.00, I couldn't afford that. The medium Flat Rate box rocks for cramming stuff in there. lol. They have the long skinny one and the regular box now.

You can really cram a lot of stuff in a padded flat rate, too! More than twice as much as In a cardboard flat rate envelope for about the same money. Unfortunately, you can only get them on line from USPS and it takes a couple weeks to get them.

gzuslivz 02-06-2013 12:48 PM

Here is my experience with re-gifting. For one of my first swaps, my sp said that she like purples and flowers and she wanted a mug rug. So, I got busy and chose some purple floral fabrics. I made a mug rug for her and used special machine stitches for quilting. I put a lot of thought into it. The very next month, I saw a photo that she had given it to her sp. My feeling were hurt because I followed all her likes and she still gave it away.

I do think that it's a very good thing to pass on/regift books, templates, needles, fabric, magazines, etc. If I send you something that you can't use, by all means pass it on. But to give away something that was made especially for you, as per your likes is hurtful and maybe even rude. I was taught to appreciate what someone has done for you. That's just my opinion based on personal experience. :)

antiquegirl68 02-06-2013 02:28 PM

This could be me:)

Originally Posted by pbadder (Post 5842892)
Mailed my package to my Secret Pal. Should arrive on Sat the 9th. Her zip totals 18, and her least favorite color is Pink.

catpawski 02-06-2013 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt (Post 5838735)
My secret pal box went out today and she should get it Wednesday!!!!!!!
My dear Husband has been so sweet to mail my packages,his office is about a block from the post office.

Guess What???????????????

letsquilt's package did arrive on Wednesday...........................

Guess What???????????????????

It was me who received it..............................Lucky me................

Wish I could post a picture but the camera is on the blink............

I received fabric......lots of fabric............the cutest frog fabric with the perfect fabric to go with it............along with blue fabrics.......teal fabric............and rose fabrics.............like I said lots of fabric..........

I also received buttons and thread to match.........................

Then letsquilt also sent two different yo yo makers............which I've never used so that will be a fun experience.......

What a wonder package............Thanks Letsquilt

luvstoquilt 02-06-2013 03:29 PM

Greenini, am I your secret pal? I think you are the first one I have seen that is a real possibility!

Please feel free to regift whatever I send. I am not sure anything I would make would be regifted since I am not very good at making the adorable small things people on here make to send. I try but most end up in the trashcan in my own garage! As far as I am personally concerned this is all fun, fun, fun and I can't wait to see what we will all be receiving.

tracibug 02-06-2013 04:04 PM

Awwwww that would have made me feel horrible as well. The mug rug you sent me is sooooooo incredibly me and everyone who comes to my desk asks about it. Thank you again so much for putting such thoughtfulness in to your gifting. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by gzuslivz (Post 5842981)
Here is my experience with re-gifting. For one of my first swaps, my sp said that she like purples and flowers and she wanted a mug rug. So, I got busy and chose some purple floral fabrics. I made a mug rug for her and used special machine stitches for quilting. I put a lot of thought into it. The very next month, I saw a photo that she had given it to her sp. My feeling were hurt because I followed all her likes and she still gave it away.

I do think that it's a very good thing to pass on/regift books, templates, needles, fabric, magazines, etc. If I send you something that you can't use, by all means pass it on. But to give away something that was made especially for you, as per your likes is hurtful and maybe even rude. I was taught to appreciate what someone has done for you. That's just my opinion based on personal experience. :)

quiltnut4ever 02-06-2013 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz (Post 5842981)

I have to agree with you and jaba. A while back on another sp swap I sent two homemade items. The person received the pkg. and then later re-gifted the items I sent her to another sp pal. How do I know? The other receiver posted the pics and not knowing thanked that sp for a job well done! Needless to say my feelings too were hurt but I remembered that I'm in this to have fun and be a blessing to someone else. If you re-gift what I send you its ok but give credit where its due, even if its just a pm :)

Quilty-Louise 02-06-2013 04:25 PM

Just a quick and brief update.

I have not yet felt up to making something special for my SP, as
well as I have not tore open the envelope to repack and add the
stuff I left out.

This will get done I HOPE by this weekend.

Broke down and went to the Dr today because I was not feeling
any better. The results are:

No flu, and no Strep throat. What I do have is a bad case of the
"bug" that is going around plus a double dose of ear infection, and
mild sinus infection.

I honestly can't remember (outside of having surgeries) when I
was so wiped out of energy.

Hope to be back to a semi-normal (? if that is even possible for me)
functional state soon.