Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closes Jan 31st 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closes-jan-31st-4pm-cst-t260108.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 01-24-2015 08:40 AM

Love gathering up stuff for pkgs to send out -- I'm in again.

TPr9258 01-24-2015 07:33 PM

I have had some terrrible times with another group during a secret santa swap, I would like to try this one since a relative has done it before. This is my question, is it suppose to be 1 item equal to $10 or can it just be "stuff"? Also am I to understand that I am suppose to send the answer to the questions to Lori as soon as I sign up? This sounds like a nice way to meet some new friends.

Quilty-Louise 01-24-2015 08:36 PM

ok I am in for February.

Knitette 01-25-2015 01:20 AM

Welcome to the swap Teri! There's a link to last month's swap here where the photos of parcels start. If you scroll through the pages they will give you an idea of the kind of parcels people send.

Yes - you fill out the form and send the details to the hostess, Lori. Until you do that you're not signed up.

The rules state that you have to spend $10 (not including shipping). This can be one item or several smaller ones. Items that you make, or from your stash, or no longer have a use for, don't count toward the $10. The 'old hands' at this swap shop sales throughout the year with this swap in mind. Some people spend more than that, but you don't have to :)

Lori Peercy 01-25-2015 11:05 AM

Louise so good to see that you are signing up for Feb! TPr9258 (Terri) as Knitette said anything you have at home you think would fit the info from your secret pal you can send and it won't count towards the $10, anything you make doesn't count towards the $10. If your secret pals says she loves grape jelly and you make it doesn't count. If you used to have a Singer machine and now have a Janome and you still have needles for a Singer and your sp has a Singer....I think you can guess the rest! I is a wonderful place to meet new people and make friends. I have been hosting for a couple of years and we have a lot of the same people each month. The fun thing is all the hints and banter that is posted on the thread each month, you can follow it each day and see what is happening.

letsquilt 01-25-2015 12:06 PM

Just signed back up.
Welcome to the swap Terri,I think you will enjoy it,I have been doing it for several years and Lori is a great hostess.
Everyone here are really great people,so enjoy.

homecaregiver 01-25-2015 12:54 PM

I am in again and I sent my info to Lori Hope you did receive it Lori, if not please let me know.
Love this swap and yes it is a great way to meet and greet each month. You will not be disappointed when you sign up
Pat

AlvaStitcher 01-25-2015 01:20 PM

Just sent my PM to Lori. Looking forward to the fun.

Bullock2us 01-25-2015 02:16 PM

Yes-welcome to the swap Teri. It is alot of fun-not only get the suprises but coming up with what you are going to send to your SP.

quilting jem 01-25-2015 03:15 PM

I'd like to join in too. :)

Just sent my PM to Lori.