Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap - Signups close midnight Feb. 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-signups-close-midnight-feb-1-a-t320006.html)

hav4boys 01-31-2023 06:54 AM

February Secret Pal Swap - Signups close midnight Feb. 1

Thank you BrendaK for the reminder!This is a monthly secret pal swap. There is a sign up every month, and you can
choose whether or not to participate each month. You will get a different partner each month, and the person you send to will may be different than the person you receive from. Failure to send your package after signing up will be cause to be banned from all future swaps. Please do not sign up if you cannot fulfill your obligation. Have fun and be creative!

After receiving your Secret Pal’s details, go to work and put together a package with something you think your pal would like. There is a $15.00 limit on this swap that does not include what you have in your stash. (This does not include shipping) Most swappers do not mind like-new stash items. Please send items you would like to receive. Do not send smelly, holey, thin, or stained fabric o robviously used items that should be put in the trash. You will need to send me (hav4boys) a PM when mailing and receiving. This way I can keep my records straight. Also send a PM to your SP thanking them. This is an important part of participating. It lets your secret pal know you got their package.

Please take pictures and post in group as everyone likes to see what you get.

Packages need to be mailed out by February 20, 2022, this is a Firm deadline. All International mailings must be mailed by February 10th Firm. If you know that you cannot mail by that date, Please Do Not sign up.

For international mailing it is very important that you mark your parcel as a 'Gift' on the Customs Declaration (there's a box you can check). Also, the value should be $10 only (even if you send diamond necklace). The person receiving the package is liable for Import Duty, Tax and a Handling fee. This can cost the person receiving as much as $40.

Padded envelopes are much cheaper to send compared to small boxes. These can be ordered free of charge from the USPS website.

You must have a phone # or email to sign up

Please fill out the questionnaire below and Private Message me your info by midnight February 1 to join the swap.

Screen Name:
Address:
City, State, Zip:
Birthday (month and date)
Do you have Allergies/Allergens?
Favorite Color(s):
Least favorite color(s):
The fabric type/color I am looking for?
Brand of sewing machine?
How long have you been sewing/quilting?
Would you like to receive gently used items pertaining to quilting/sewing?
Socks/Slippers/T-Shirts and what sizes?
Body washes/Lotions/Organic bar soap?
Magazine or patterns?
Quilting Notions?
Besides quilting what do you like to do?
Do you like to read and if so what type?
Would you like to receive candy/cookies/snacks/drinks?
Do you have pets, if so what kind?
Do you collect anything, if so what?
What do you want the most and what don’t you want?
Tell your SP something about yourself to make it easier for them to purchase for you.(Please fill this section out, it helps your SP buy for you.)

Can you mail international?
Email address:
Phone number:

Sign Ups will close February 1 at midnight PST and names will be sent out no later than February 2nd .

If your pal does not receive her/his package within a reasonable time I will need tracking information. If there is an exception on the mailing, you will need to inform me ASAP. No one enjoys not getting a package after they have sent one.

Have fun and be creative!

CarolinePaj 01-31-2023 07:02 AM

Hi Kathy,

I'm in... sending info now!

Hugs

Caroline

Goatmom 01-31-2023 08:10 AM

Kathy,
I just sent in my information.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Annaquilts 01-31-2023 09:49 AM

I am in and looking forward to doing the February Secret Pal Swap. 😀 Thank you Kathy for being our host.

Annaquilts 02-03-2023 01:26 AM

I hope I am picking the right items. My recipient enjoys making things for others.

Gaijin 02-10-2023 07:26 PM

Received a swap package from BrendaK!

1 Attachment(s)
Lots of goodies! Many fabrics, books, dog treats, candy, gloves, a notebook with pen, shower tablets, threads, a card holder, a pill holder, cutter blades, a light, and a pretty card.

Thank you so much!

Goatmom 02-13-2023 06:36 AM

I sent my package out last Thursday. My secret pal should have it early this week.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Goatmom

RevPam 02-15-2023 05:09 PM

Received my package from goatmom!!

Goatmom sent me 2 Kakuro puzzle books (great for downtime!); 4 pieces of complexion fabric colors for applique; a Copy of "The Country Register" news paper; 4 recipes; a folding seam ripper (which will make my purse lining much happier); mini-scissors for thread cutting; and a package of Schmetz microtex needles!
I am so lucky that Goatmom had my name. I got so many useful things.
I wish I could figure out this photo thing.
THANK YOU, GOATMOM!

Rebaquilts 02-16-2023 06:19 AM

I just got mine out, my pal asked for some specific stuff, so I went on Amazon the day I got the name and Order-Order-Order LOL. Was waiting on one last item which was a hanger-onner, late-arriver. It's on its way and is a bit light on number of items but a bit heavy on requested items. I so enjoy getting things for this swap and seeing the photos of what others get too. Its way better to give than receive sometimes, although receiving ain't bad at all. Hugs all!!

Goatmom 02-16-2023 08:24 AM

RevPam,
So glad you liked everything.

Hugs,
Goatmom