Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Friendship Block Swap-NOW OPEN UNDER BOOMERANG (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/friendship-block-swap-now-open-under-boomerang-t31796.html)

susiequilt 12-19-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
They will be 12.5" unfinished. You will get to send a F4 of fabric to the members in the swap and they will make you a block using your fabric along with some of theirs in it :-) In turn you will make them one with their fabric and some fabric from your stash :-)
Hugs
April

So it's basically a one on one swap?
I make you one block with your fabric plus some of mine and you do the same thing for me?

Or if there are 14 in the swap I send 14 FQ's and get 14 FQ's back?

:oops: I'm confused. I guess I will have to wait to hear how it's done when the swap is posted.

Catlady 12-19-2009 09:17 PM

sounds like fun. look forward to reading the details.

AkAngel 12-19-2009 10:19 PM

I might be interested in this one, but my question is this. Is the block name Friendship Block or is there a specific block we'll be making, maybe like a friendship star?
thanks,
Muriel
Ak.Angel

dglvr 12-20-2009 12:13 AM

It will be my first too. Sounds like fun. I hope you have lots of instructions for us beginners.

coconuts 12-20-2009 10:04 AM

Sounds like one I would be interested in. too.

NorBanaquilts 12-20-2009 01:13 PM

This swap sounds like lots of fun!

Mamaskeeto 12-20-2009 02:03 PM

Sounds like fun, can't wait for the details.

LovingIzabella 12-21-2009 04:55 AM

Yeah Im so happy to see the interest in this swap :-) This was one of the first swaps I ever did in an online quilting group and it was a great experience.
And no need to feel silly-ask all the questions you need to. I had no idea what a F4 was when I started :-)
This will not be a one on one it will be as many people as sign up is how many blocks. There was talk of limiting the amount of people who can join so it does not become too overwhelming so it may be like the first 36 people. This way you would end up with enough blocks to make a 72 x 72 quilt top with :-)
It is not done in any specific block. The block each person makes can be different for everyone int he group or the same-it is up to the person making the block. You may get someone's fabric and think ooo this would look good in a star block and you may get someone's fabric and say oh this would make a lovely house block. The block and design is up to you which is what makes this swap so much fun. You can expand and try new things-there is no real limitation except that the block be 12.5" unfinished when done.
I will provide not only lots of instructions but also ongoing help as needed. I am always just an email or PM away :-) I will also be providing an excel chart with everyone's name and address as well as mailing information so you can keep track easier. It will also let you mail merge the name and address to make labels instead of hand writing envelopes :-)
I sure hope to swap with all of you-this is a truly fun fun swap!
Hugs
April

dglvr 12-21-2009 07:53 AM

Thanks April. Sounds like fun. Can't wait. ;-)

borntoquilt 12-21-2009 08:17 AM

thanks April! I want in on this one. Another "first timer" here. please make the instructions very CLEAR for us newbies! :lol: :lol: