Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fun-halloween-block-swap-mail-everyone-t115927.html)

oldcatlady 07-01-2011 02:39 PM

I had time today to go through my stash and found a lot of great Halloween fabric. I have a habit of getting a lot of fabric AFTER a holiday at a great sale price for my stash. I was feeling guilty of buying fabric with no purpose but today it has paid off. I don't have to get any for this swap! I got them all washed and now drip drying. Now I have to decide what to do with them! :) :) :)

RedGarnet222 07-01-2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
It really makes it confusing and stressful with so many going at the same time. When you like to play in lots of swaps, it tends to make you put pressure on yourself! :roll:

Do I sense a bit of swapping fever coming on sandpat?? .... LOL! I try to pick a few swaps that I know I can do a good job on and still work on my quilting piles here at home. It is not worth it to be stressed over anything to me anymore. . Old age I guess. LOL!

I haven't been in too many of them, but, enough to know it certainly can take over sandpat, if you let it. Simply don't let it. Pick your swaps carefully.

RedGarnet222 07-01-2011 05:01 PM

[quote=BarbM32]For the Cghristmas swap I would like to do enough blocks to cver a bed, like 3 set of 12. Of course if you added blocks of your own then maybe a lesser amount would do or you can fewer blocks and use real wide borders with the wide stripping fir the inside.

Hi Barb,
Most of us have digital cameras that make it easy to put pictures here. But you could scan in a photograph and post that if you have a printer/scanner. First you need to get it into your computer. Once you do that, go to the pictures thread here on the board and read the "How to post a pictures" post that the admin has put up to teach you how. If you have any trouble after that, many people will give you a hand here on the board. Just give us a shout out. OK?

As far as having enough blocks to make a large sized quilt. I suggest that you join more than one of the winter/holiday swaps and then you should have enough to fulfill your needs.

I am hoping this little information helps you. If not, ask. We will help you... really!

sandpat 07-01-2011 05:08 PM

Oh no....not swap overload for me Red...I love them. I am committed to working on this huge pile of UFO's along with doing the swaps though! I just can't seem to resist :)

BarbM32 07-01-2011 05:59 PM

When I signed up I said I would do 9 1/2 inch blocks. I have my pattern layout done but it would look better as a
6 1/2 x 9 1/2 inch block. I intend to cut my blocks 7x10 so whoever gets them can cut them to their required size. I hope this is suitable to the recipents. It will certainly eliminate any cutting mistakes.
Can hardly wait to see all these terrific ideas. Mine is an applique pumpkin with a cat coming out of the top. I have a Casper laid out to insert behind the cat but may or may not use it. Love Halloween......

ssnare 07-02-2011 06:11 AM

Yeah!

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Heads up Everyone!! Our funky one is a go and will start in two weeks, when this one closes to new swappers.

So it will be the same rules with the same sizes, ok? I can just see lots of snowmen, elves, trees, stockings, houses all decorated, sunbonnets, embroidery.... everythng for this swap!

Woo Hoo! Here we go again!

Alu_Rathbone 07-02-2011 06:28 AM

I think I want to sign up for this... I haven't done any swaps in a long time due to school and life getting in the way... I have time over the next couple of weeks too... :)

Can I do a nine patch? Is that allowed?

Alu_Rathbone 07-02-2011 06:40 AM

Sorry, disregard this post, I edited the last one!

BarbM32 07-02-2011 09:31 AM

Personally I think a 9 patch or some other quilt block would look good and I would not have a problem receiving one as an exchange. If I did a 9 patch I would do some kind of applique on it. I sure want to be included in the Christmas swap.
Will be finishing up my 9 1/2x6 1/2 blocks this weekend so I can get them in the mail Tuesday morning.

RedGarnet222 07-02-2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I think I want to sign up for this... I haven't done any swaps in a long time due to school and life getting in the way... I have time over the next couple of weeks too... :)

Can I do a nine patch? Is that allowed?

I am thinking it would be fine to do a nine patch. There are all levels of quilters in the swap.
I can't remember, aren't you out of country? Just remember that the mailing must reach me by the ending date and that you will need to make arrangements for the return postage with me. OK?