Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Halloween Swap Signups thru 8-06-13 - Due 9-06-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-halloween-swap-signups-thru-8-06-13-due-9-06-13-a-t223235.html)

Muse&Sew 06-21-2013 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I'm doing for my 2nd set ..................crows!

simply addicted 06-21-2013 04:12 PM

Hi I would like to join the swap and do two sets, please let me know if I need to pm you with any information! This looks like a great swap. Peggy

moonrise 06-21-2013 05:04 PM

The crow is so cute! :)

Welcome, simply addicted! :)

RedGarnet222 06-22-2013 10:31 AM

Oh wow muse and sew. I LOVE all of your big blocks so far. I just gotta have the crow. Hint hint.... lol.

I was over at Pat Sloan's blog this morning and found a cute treat container I will do. It is a pumpkin with the eye's and mouth on it. So cute.

I am working on a set of 6 1/2" sunbonnet sue witches right now and working in the spider's every now and then to get them finished up. (Three finished now) That way I am not making the tips of my fingers sore. This happens to old people, ya know. I am not sure, I might make her a 9 1/2" block with borders. We will see.

I finished a set of 6 1/2 " crazy blocks with some cute fabric that was gifted to me when I hosted the first Halloween swap. I will post when I get the witchies finished.

Muse&Sew 06-22-2013 10:41 AM

RedGarnet222 oooooohhhhhhhhhhh sew excited to see your sunbonnet sue witches! Glad you like my crow!
You'll have to post pictures of your sunbonnet witches & crazy blocks when you get them done.

Take your time with the hand stitching. I know how sore fingers can be too. :)

RedGarnet222 06-22-2013 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew (Post 6135488)
Looked at the fatquarter shop. Lots of beautiful fabrics! Lots of temptations for me.

Once I ordered a snowflake fabric from there and to their surprise, they didn't have it. They called me to let me know, and looked the store over for a replacement. They sent a fabric twice the price, but perfect, for the same amount. It was very workable for my snowman quilt.

javin22 06-22-2013 04:14 PM

Oh, these are all so cute. I think I will join in. Not sure how many sets yet. I will try a few patterns. I just bought some really cute Halloween fabrics last week when our state had its shop hop.

Muse&Sew 06-22-2013 05:36 PM

So happy to have you join us javin22! There are so many cute Halloween fabrics & designs. It's so exciting to see all of the cute designs everyone comes up with too!

Originally Posted by javin22 (Post 6137615)
Oh, these are all so cute. I think I will join in. Not sure how many sets yet. I will try a few patterns. I just bought some really cute Halloween fabrics last week when our state had its shop hop.

RedGarnet222 06-23-2013 01:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the crazy patches at 6 1/2" square. I tried them next to a six and a half inch block and they look great for that fill in we all need.

And ... the witches all finished with their stitching. I just need to press them and square the up to size. I might make them into a 9 1/2" block, not sure yet.

Muse&Sew 06-23-2013 03:52 PM

Red I adore your sunbonnet witches! Sew cute. Fun material on the crazy blocks.