Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-neighborhood-swap-closed-mail-date-july-1st-t41072.html)

Butterflyblue 05-04-2010 03:39 PM

This looks like fun. Please put me on the list!

sandpat 05-04-2010 03:43 PM

Oh boy!!!! Not one but, 2 more swappers and what a great little house you are bringing with you, Laurie!!! Yippee!!!

Dagny 05-04-2010 05:01 PM

Your house is adorable, Laurie!

LaurieE 05-04-2010 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another house. This one turned out better and without too many issues. It's also a 12 1/2". I've run out of sky fabric. Good thing I'm going to the LQS this weekend. I figured I can get everything else done except the roof and sky and have them all lined up for when I get the fabric.

MegsAnn 05-04-2010 05:23 PM

Cute, cute Laurie! Love 'em

athenagwis 05-04-2010 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by LaurieE
Here's my first house. It was stressful and freeing all at the same time. I don't usually make blocks without specific pieces. That was the stressful part. And, of course, my spending forever picking out the fabric. The freeing part was not caring if the pieces lined up or not.

For my first house, I went for a more traditional look. I'm sure Frank Lloyd Wright designed traditional before he went modern. :)

As you can see, I did have some technical issues. It's not exactly square. I was going for 12 1/2". I've learned a lot making this block. I think I might be able to tackle some others. They make up really quick. I'll join the swap.

This is so so cute!!

Seriously for those of you that this is the first time you have made a house this way, you guys are doing AWESOME. I think I burned my first attempt because I couldn't even make it square because I had jigs and jags sticky out every which way! LOL

Rachel

kwiltkrazy 05-04-2010 07:18 PM

Welcome butterfly and Laurie. Laurie I love your houses. I am also really enjoy ing myself making all these funky houses.

JoyjoyMarie 05-04-2010 09:42 PM

You guys are making such cute squares- I am totally pleased to be in this (my first swap.) I took myself to the sewing machine and scrap pile and made 7 9 inchers last weekend, and 2 3 inchers. it is so much fun! Will put in a photo tomorrow when I have an extra minute. I can't wait to find time to make some more!

I have really enjoyed getting inspired at the flicker link you gave us, Rachel- that gal had a bunch of really adorable ones, with lots of inspiration for me!

LaurieE - When you see my larger square, you will know we had the same architect- hee hee.

Maksi 05-04-2010 11:14 PM

This is a nice swap. I love blocks with houses. Can I join of is this swap US only?

athenagwis 05-05-2010 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Maksi
This is a nice swap. I love blocks with houses. Can I join of is this swap US only?

Of course you can join!! :) I will just determine how much postage will be to mail to you once I am ready to mail back, and you can just deposit the funds into my paypal account. This way you don't have to worry about getting US currency or exchanging or anything. :) You will just want to be sure to mail at least 2 weeks prior to the stated mail date, to ensure your blocks make it in time. I will send a PM with my address now!

Welcome!! :)

Rachel