Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-neighborhood-swap-closed-mail-date-july-1st-t41072.html)

sandpat 06-17-2010 05:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK...I finally am closing in on my 2nd set of blocks...You remember all the talk about the 3 pigs...well...yup...I built "Pigville"...so whadda ya' think...add the sign or not add the sign??? I'll probably change it a little..I don't care for this particular one...but similar to this???

(wish I could have been able to find some pig fabric, but I couldn't soo....)

These are 6 x 15....

Pigville
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87229[/ATTACH]

the color is off here..but about the sign???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87230[/ATTACH]

Dagny 06-17-2010 06:42 AM

Personally, I'd say leave off the sign. Your little neighborhood is just adorable and could be many things other than Pigville also.

athenagwis 06-17-2010 07:09 AM

Those are so cute!! Maybe you could just include the sign somehow separately so people could choose to attach it or not. I love how you have all three types of houses there!! So fun!! That would make a cute wall hanging all by itself!! :)

Rachel

kwiltkrazy 06-17-2010 09:27 AM

I think your PIGVILLE is adorable, and I like the sign. Which ever way, I'll be pleased to receive one of your lovely blocks.

Butterflyblue 06-17-2010 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rachel - I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has barely started!

I did one block today. I'm still experimenting too much to make mine assembly-line style.

This is 3" by 6" (3.5" x 6.5") I call it "The Little House in the Woods".

I like to do miniatures, so this was fun. The tree is a paper-pieced pattern out of a magazine, only I wonkyfied it when I traced it, to make it fit more with the house.

Butterflyblue 06-17-2010 12:37 PM

Oh, and a question: what is the etiquette on blocks that are part paper pieced, like this one? Do we take the paper out or leave it in?

athenagwis 06-17-2010 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
Rachel - I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has barely started!

I did one block today. I'm still experimenting too much to make mine assembly-line style.

This is 3" by 6" (3.5" x 6.5") I call it "The Little House in the Woods".

I like to do miniatures, so this was fun. The tree is a paper-pieced pattern out of a magazine, only I wonkyfied it when I traced it, to make it fit more with the house.

Cute!!! I love it. :) I am going to crack the whip this weekend, there are too many cute blocks to let this slip by!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel

kwiltkrazy 06-17-2010 12:55 PM

Love the paisley house and tree. You guys are so creative!

sandpat 06-17-2010 04:15 PM

OH the walk in the woods is really cute!

I don't know what Rachel thinks about removing paper, but normally in the swaps on the board and on the IRRs, the paper is removed..but we'll wait to see what our fearless leader thinks.

I'll leave the sign off of my Pigville blocks, but ya'll get the idea, so you can always add one if you'd like. I'm not going to include it with as it would be just 1 more thing for Rachel to keep up with and she will have plenty to deal with as it is. If you get a block and want me to make you one after..I can certainly do that though.

athenagwis 06-17-2010 04:19 PM

So far as paper pieced goes, why don't we go ahead and pull it out, it seems to make the most sense, especially since not everyone's is PP. I hope that is okay!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel