Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/hands-hope-kennedy-joiner-teresa-delivered-quilt-p22-t20510.html)

Mousie 03-12-2010 07:05 AM

alrighty then! looking forward to seeing a pic of Kennedy with the quilt and I too am excited for it to bring lots of money to help her.
Take good care Teresa and glad your hubby is coming home. Have a great day everybody! :-D

tslowery 03-12-2010 06:28 PM

Thanks everyone. We made it home from Sav and yes I am glad to have him home for a couple of weeks. Bless yall and have a great weekend, Teresa

mimisharon 03-12-2010 06:35 PM

Enjoy your husband time and take care not to relapse!

Hugs

tslowery 04-22-2010 03:24 PM

This is a copy of a email that Ginger put on facebook today (Thank you all. I really wish this was the surgery that we have been raising money for but its not. This will only be to get her by. Since she has had this surgery done before she is running out of intestinet that is usable. Therefore, its more life threatening. Plus, he will have to open her abdominal muscles to create a new tube down to her bladder. We are expecting some time in the hospital. I am not taking it to well but Kennedy is doing good.)
Kennedy has not been doing well and has to have this surgery. If you would like to get update on Kennedy and explanation of her situation go to kennedyjoiner.com and that is her own website, thanks to all who helped with her quilt and I am sorry that I havent got a pic are update of her with the quilt, I guess all that Ginger has been going through she has not done that for me yet. I know that she cried when I gave her the quilt and said that she would be doing a raffle. This weekend is our onion Festival and she may have a booth again set up to raise money and maybe buy tickets for quilt. Again I thank you and I know Ginger and Kennedy do to. Keep Kennedy in your prayers and Hugs to All Teresa

sandpat 04-22-2010 03:32 PM

Teresa...I'm sorry to hear that Kennedy has to go through all of these surgeries and I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm more concerned about Kennedy's well being than I am the quilt....any way that it can be used to help is just fine and dandy with me.

tslowery 04-22-2010 05:27 PM

Thanks so much Sandpat...I just did want anyone to think that I took advantage of thier kindness..... I just know that Ginger is overwhelmed with worry but I do know that she appreciates everyones kindness

gaigai 04-22-2010 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by tslowery
Thanks so much Sandpat...I just did want anyone to think that I took advantage of thier kindness..... I just know that Ginger is overwhelmed with worry but I do know that she appreciates everyones kindness

Patti is right, Theresa. Kennedy is MUCH more important, and I am glad that our effort will be used to help her. I am proud that I had a small part in it. Hugs to you and her.

Mousie 04-22-2010 06:42 PM

I absolutely agree with Patti, and gai...we did it to help Kennedy and we all want the very best for her.
I'm so sorry for all she's going through and her mom.
As a mom of a child (woman now), with cerebral palsy, I have seen a lot of surgeries and therapies etc. but this is life threatening.
You know we will all be praying. No one thinks you did anything but show an utmost kindness to bring ppl together for this little girl. hugs, don't worry, Teresa ;)

Bailey's mom 04-22-2010 06:49 PM

This sounds like awondeful thing to do! Count me in!!!
And thank you!!!

wvdek 04-22-2010 07:02 PM

Thanks for the update. She is one incredible young women to go through all of this.

I just went to the Web site and read some more about her and her condition. She reminds me so much of my two great nieces
who are near her age. I can't imagine what this family has and does go through on a daily basis.
My prayers are with them.