Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/home-d%C9cor-swap-2-entry-closes-april-19-2013-a-t217663.html)

Elisabrat 04-27-2013 06:11 PM

dustysmomma pm me.

too cute sikesjj... the one my oldest hung onto longest was this batman cap. big time best thing ever. I had nothing fru fru they could play with so my boys just hit dads cowboy boots and football jerseys. I didnt push macho it was just where they went. My DD however dressed up with them not in the ballet stuff or other items. so cute tell the dh to chill he will be all boy when he is good and ready. he is just a baby now :)

nancia 04-27-2013 10:46 PM

just for the record, i was torn between sewing room and batiks. it wouldn't let me change my mind or vote twice. sew, you can move mine to batiks.;)

DustysMomma 04-28-2013 05:13 AM

Nancia, I think I set it to where you could pick more than 1, didn't I? Hmm, well, if it's a tie, we'll go with batiks, how's that? In the meantime, EVERYBODY VOTE! You don't have to be part of this swap to vote. Anyone can do it. Send all your buddies over here to vote for what you want. (Isn't that what the families & local media of American Idol contestants do? :D)

Today is a big sewing day for me. I have about 5-6 projects to work on. Now to decide what to work on first. If my friend comes over, I'll be working on hers I think. She made a quilt for her college-age daughter & doesn't know how to bind it. I think this is her first quilt, so that's understandable. She wants me to teach her to crochet too, but honestly, I'm just not in the crochet mood today & I'm a lefty & she's a righty, so that could be awkward for an absolute beginner. I told her I only know 2 stitches & she said "that's 2 more than me!"

Elisabrat 04-28-2013 10:17 AM

uh dustysmomma, binding lessons??? lol sounds like a marvelous day ahead of you. turn on you tube sit her in front of it and then guide her through it. make her watch it stop. try a part. watch it stop. try some more .. rewind watch it.. it truly helps :) I think it will be fun. secretly hoping she makes it another day so you can whip out those five projects :)

I am starting toodling along on my partners dream wish/s and suddenly it occurs to Ms. braniac (me) uh.. did you think to see what sizes she might like? NO I did not. so how big or how small? I cant make something huge and she has small needs or something small that looks stupid on a large area.. argh pirates!!! so I wait.. patiently something I am known for. patience. (thats me right guys???).

DustysMomma 04-28-2013 05:10 PM

Oh how I wish! She told her son to put the quilt in the car, then she got in the suburban and drove over here, lol. She didn't realize until she got here & went to get it out that he'd put it in the wrong vehicle. So, she's supposed to bring it next weekend.

I showed her how lickety split my accuquilt can turn out some 3" batik triangles & sew them into squares, so I'm thinking that this might just be the beginnings of my mug rug. She's too intimidated still though. She says she can't sew a straight line, or cut one, so I showed her the wonders of a rotary cutter too. She said "I gotta get one of those!" :shock:

I told her to bring her daughter's quilt with her next weekend & we'd get on the binding. She apparently bought the binding she has and said she doesn't think she has enough, so I'm not sure what she got. We may end up raiding my stash for binding material when she comes back.

I did get one thing finished while she was here. I just had to do 1 more set of stitches for the side runner swap I'm doing, so I got that done. Haven't decided what I'm doing about quilting, so we'll see. I did something earlier that tripped the breaker that controls the power to my sewing room, so fingers crossed it doesn't happen again! It was when Dusty and I were using the new steamer machine to mop the wood floors. OMG, I love it! Why didn't we get one of these 7 years ago?

nancia 04-28-2013 09:40 PM

oh, silly girl! if you had it 7 yrs ago you would have worn it out by now and you and d would be sittin' on the floor sayin', " remember that steam cleanin' floor thingamabob? man, those were the good old days, weren't they!! we'd get that floor all hot, and slick, and wet... and we'd take off our shoes and dangle our little toes in the water, and put on our socks and just skate from one end of the room to the other, man those were the good old days, weren't they?? man i wish i still had those socks. don't chew??"

DustysMomma 04-29-2013 04:25 AM

Yeah, this is true. It doesn't leave the floor wet for long though. Sucker dries fast!

Elisabrat 04-29-2013 06:26 AM

ok I see my shameless plot to raise the numbers in holiday and batiks worked. and you can only vote once. but its ok I am getting my way LOL. or everyone else just had GOOD ideas too :)

I am so glad I stopped what I was doing on my runner. I found out she has a VERY small table and well phew. like very small. I was worried about making it big enough now I am trying to figure how to cut it down.. phew again. And she also needs smaller mug rugs than 'mug rugs' so that is good to know. advice to you of the day : ASK before you sew. it is the smartest thing you can do. Today after shampooing half the house NOT doing it all in one day want to be able to walk too! I am going to reconfigure my thoughts on that runner and well getter done. Same with the mug rugs. think I have oodles left over to reduce to small mug rugs. know I do. I was set at 40 inches.. uh way way too big.

wonder are we allowed to show sneak peaks here or even if we have partners is it all secret still? lol she knows what she is getting but not the fabrics.. hum..

DustysMomma 04-29-2013 10:39 AM

All's fair here. This isn't a secret swap, so if you want to post a progress photo every day, go for it!

mrsmck 04-29-2013 03:55 PM

Hi all. I'm worried ...I haven't heard from my partner. Ive sent a few PMs and and checked on her posted messages. She says she is very excited to be in this swap but that was 15 days ago. My partner is alberta quilter. Has anybody heard if she is unwell or anything?