Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "How now BROWN cow !! " October 2012 - 10.5 layer cake swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/how-now-brown-cow-october-2012-10-5-layer-cake-swap-t202024.html)

Yosamitesa 10-04-2012 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 5561842)
I'm packing my bags now and will be on my way shortly. Oh, in my dreams! We just had our furnace inspected before we turned it on this winter and guess what. Yep, we have to buy a new one. We have no heat at all right now and it is 48 out. My nose is cold and I know I would warm up shopping! LOL

OH NO!!! We had ours replaced last year (when we had the A/C unit go out in July). That was an experience...

Well...I'll just go shopping for you!!!

dottie dodge 10-04-2012 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5561851)
OH NO!!! We had ours replaced last year (when we had the A/C unit go out in July). That was an experience...

Well...I'll just go shopping for you!!!

July in Texas with no A/C is as bad as October in Nebraska with the heat! I went out and bought a room size heater and I'm now pretty toasty in my sewing room. We are on a waiting list for a service call (3-4 days) and I've called four other places that sell furnaces and it is the same story. Glad it isn't below freezing!

Would you like a list of colors that I like to take with you when you shop? LOL

Yosamitesa 10-04-2012 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 5562029)
July in Texas with no A/C is as bad as October in Nebraska with the heat! I went out and bought a room size heater and I'm now pretty toasty in my sewing room. We are on a waiting list for a service call (3-4 days) and I've called four other places that sell furnaces and it is the same story. Glad it isn't below freezing!

Would you like a list of colors that I like to take with you when you shop? LOL

Send me the color list and I'll see what I fall in love with in those colors. Those that need to conviently stay in my stash...or go to our fearless leader...

BTW, where is the rebel today??? I feel like I'm being the rebel now. :)

sapdoggie 10-04-2012 03:09 PM

I am right here - Missy :D Now don't you get too big for your britches young'n :p

Some of us are still working for a living you know :D

dottie dodge- come on down and pick me up on the way to Houston. I can help with gas for your car and I promise I will only want to stop at quilt shops and love on the fabric. I won't fill the car up with extra fabric so there will be plenty of room for your fabric :D

Tam...Moo 10-04-2012 05:21 PM

You can imagine how excited I was when I saw a brown cow swap...just love their little faces. Happy Swapping Quilters!

Tam...Moo

luvTooQuilt 10-05-2012 06:10 AM

List of swappers to date:

Me 6 sets 6 twists
1. Yosamitesa 6 sets/ 0 twists
2. Sapdoggie 6 sets / 0 twists
3. SheriR 6 sets/ 6 twists
4. LillyG 6 sets / 6 twists
5. Mrs Sherbert 6 sets / 6 twists
6. DoriDes 6 sets / 6 twists ????
7. Purplecat 3 sets / 3 twists
8. Lauriejo 4 sets / 1 twist
9. squires1042 6 sets / 6 twists
10. linda58 6 sets / 6 twists
11. Fraew 6 sets / 6 twists
12. Sustraley- 4 sets / 0 twists

13. mimim - 2 sets / 0 twists
14 dottie dodge 6 sets/ 0 twists

Yosamitesa 10-05-2012 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie (Post 5562376)
I am right here - Missy :D Now don't you get too big for your britches young'n :p

Some of us are still working for a living you know :D

dottie dodge- come on down and pick me up on the way to Houston. I can help with gas for your car and I promise I will only want to stop at quilt shops and love on the fabric. I won't fill the car up with extra fabric so there will be plenty of room for your fabric :D

YES!!! Both of y'all come down and play. Besides dottie dodge, you won't need a heater here. It will be 91 here today. Bring your shorts and swimsuit!!! Where else can you really go swimming in October??? Besides, I could REALLY use some retail therapy today. Hubby's wedding ring came back in yesterday (long story short, the jeweler who worked on his ring for maintenance messed it up really bad, it has been off trying to be fixed for over 2 months now and had to have natural sapphire specially cut, etc.) well, 2 of the NEW sapphires are missing corners and 1 is scratched, so they are ordering 4 new ones again. Then today I went to put hubby's check in the bank at the drive thru teller and my ring got stuck in the stupid housing case for the tube you send your stuff in. I finally got it out to an off set diamond and my prongs are all in the wrong places, so it is going into the shop today. I really need some retail therapy.

REBEL!!! I found 3 different teacup/teapot fabrics at Hobby Lobby, so I decided to buy ALL THREE!!! One was that red one, one was green and the other was pink. Really pretty. :) Oh, and too big for my britches, honey I've been trying to wiggle my hiney back into my britches. Too much yummy food lately, time to go back to my less is more concept. :)

sapdoggie 10-05-2012 08:19 AM

Ok yosamitesa - you are excused for trying to be The Rebel. :D But see what happened when you were impersonating- :)

Sorry about all the jewelry mishaps :thumbdown:

Glad you found the fabric :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have decided my body is what my body is and just buy bigger pants :D :D

sapdoggie 10-05-2012 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tam...Moo (Post 5562642)
You can imagine how excited I was when I saw a brown cow swap...just love their little faces. Happy Swapping Quilters!

Tam...Moo

:D :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

jaba 10-05-2012 06:26 PM

Love the browns, gotta' do this again. Purples were fabulous!!! Thanks everyone. I'm in for 6, no twists though just can't take very much orange. Can you tell that my least favorite color.