Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I Spy Swap - Dead Line to Join is March 29th, 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-swap-dead-line-join-march-29th-2014-a-t241971.html)

frizzymama13 04-17-2014 08:10 PM

What great charms, thanks so much ladies and a huge thanks to Owlvamp! : )

dottie dodge 04-18-2014 06:00 AM

My charms arrived yesterday. What a great bunch of squares! Thanks everyone and a big thank you to Owlvamp for hosting this swap.

Snowcleo 04-18-2014 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6680278)
My swap squares came in today's mail! This is the nicest collection I have ever received in this swap. So many nice fabrics I've never seen before. I am pulling out the VW Beetle fabric for a mug rug for myself! It's way too cool to go into a kid's quilt!

Thank you Sandra, for making this happen!

I agree with Sewbizgirl, this is possibly the nicest collection of squares I've seen. My favorite might be a square that I thought was simply a pile of brown teddy bears, until I noticed a single squirrel face peeking out! I laughed and laughed, it was so adorable! And there were so many others that were just wonderful. A great swap!!

moonrise 04-18-2014 06:56 AM

The mail lady just brought mine! Woo hoo! They're all great. I especially love the adorable foxes and trees fabric. Thanks everybody, and thanks to the hostess! :thumbup:

rbwiese 04-18-2014 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Snowcleo (Post 6681269)
I agree with Sewbizgirl, this is possibly the nicest collection of squares I've seen. My favorite might be a square that I thought was simply a pile of brown teddy bears, until I noticed a single squirrel face peeking out! I laughed and laughed, it was so adorable! And there were so many others that were just wonderful. A great swap!!

I second the comments made - these are great fabrics this go round! Thanks everyone - good job. And a special shout-out to those who fussy cut their squares - a great reminder to all of us to fussy cut those that need it!

sewhappyinSF 04-18-2014 08:20 PM

What a nice surprise to see such a variety of fabrics! Thanks everyone and especially thanks to our hostess!!!!!
I love the food fabrics, especially the red licorice!

PeginCO 04-18-2014 09:33 PM

You guys are killing me! I haven't received mine yet -- I'm so eager to see these great charms! Hopefully tomorrow.

mrshalibut 04-19-2014 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by IngeMK (Post 6680462)
I got the charms today, what a nice surprise :)
I have not had a chance to look at all of them , but, saw the llamas and foxes, just love them.
Where did they come from.? Who makes them?

I sent in the foxes. I'm glad you like them! I don't know who makes them, but it is a current print. I bought it at my local quilt store, but I know you can also get it from equilter.com.

mrshalibut 04-19-2014 06:49 AM

I got my squares a couple of days ago and have already played with them! I've got another I Spy to make, because my four year old great nephew had a fire at his house and they bagged up the belongings that made it through the fire, but then someone broke into the house and stole everything including the baby quilt I made for him. He is devastated (which makes me smile to know how much he loved his quilt but sad because I don't want him to feel so bad) so I am making a new one asap.

I also loved the llamas. The camping and octopi, too!

owlvamp 04-19-2014 09:42 PM

I'm so happy you all are happy with your charms. Hope to see some quilts made.