Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I Spy Swap with a Twist dead line to join is Sept.28th, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-swap-twist-dead-line-join-sept-28th-2013-a-t229721.html)

Foxflower 09-18-2013 07:27 AM

Great quilt annasquilts. I like the idea of kids playing matching games with their quilts when they get together. My kids would enjoy that with cousins. Thanks for all the ideas.

Neesie 09-18-2013 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6300105)
Yep that's the way it is Foxflower. I think it would be neat to make a matching I spy block quilt . I'm collecting for it.

So MaryMo's other question is does anyone mind polka dots? I don't mind one or two for matching quilt but wanted all your opinion on it first.

I would be very disappointed to get polka dots, as an I Spy exchange square.

Everose 09-18-2013 07:55 AM

Annaquilts, love the quilt. Darn, now I have one more on my list.

Neesie 09-18-2013 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm now up to five sets and will send a PM, to make it official. My new fabric came in yesterday's mail . . . but there's one that would make such a sweet pillowcase, I can't bear to cut it. There's another I may or may not cut, so am gonna look around a bit more, before deciding. Here are the five, that are ready. All are pre-washed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436727[/ATTACH]

madbury 09-18-2013 09:18 AM

I read the instructions again. They say that one set of 20 can be all one fabric or 20 different fabrics. Can one set be 10 of one fabric, 5 of another, 5 of another to get to a set of 20? Thanks!

sewbizgirl 09-18-2013 11:03 AM

Givio, congrats on the new grandbaby...

I don't see polkadots as "objects", per se. They are more shapes than recognizable objects. i do like the polka dot background on Annaquilts' I Spy, tho!

Annaquilts 09-18-2013 12:02 PM

Neesie my little girls would like all those fabrics and I think the cowboy hats would be great for a little boy I Spy quilt.

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6301035)
I'm now up to five sets and will send a PM, to make it official. My new fabric came in yesterday's mail . . . but there's one that would make such a sweet pillowcase, I can't bear to cut it. There's another I may or may not cut, so am gonna look around a bit more, before deciding. Here are the five, that are ready. All are pre-washed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436727[/ATTACH]

Library.Lil 09-18-2013 12:48 PM

I agree with Anna and others in that I would be disappointed to get polka dots. I would probably use the charms, but not in an I Spy.

catpawski 09-18-2013 03:06 PM

I think polka dots go under stripes and such. I like polka dot material but it doesn't fit the criteria of an I Spy swap. I do not put it in I Spy quilts but might make I Spy quilts with it. If I receive it I would be disappointed and not use it. I am doing 6 twists and I used the same criteria for the twists as the I Spy swap.
I total agree...............

MaryMo 09-18-2013 06:59 PM

I guess I've received a thorough chastisement. I'll use them in my I Spy quilt. Have fun!