Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I Spy Swap with a Twist dead line to join is Sept.28th, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-swap-twist-dead-line-join-sept-28th-2013-a-t229721.html)

owlvamp 09-08-2013 04:41 PM

Yes, it's kids prints. SheriR I think your fabric is perfect.
It's really hard for me to measure each charm . I think we all know how to cut 5" squares.
So I hope this doesn't bother anyone I am sorry but when we have over 20 people sign up that's a lot of charms.LOL

Annaquilts 09-08-2013 06:32 PM

I love it!!! I hope they will be permitted. I have the same issue with some nice LQS fabric. I am scared that the print might be considered small.

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 6281364)
"The novelty design should be good size, not tiny...it needs to be easily recognizable from a distance."

I bought these prints this summer specifically for this swap. Now I'm worried the design is to small. I places a quarter on each one to help you see what size they are. Please let me know.

Annaquilts 09-08-2013 06:35 PM

I found overall they were not too bad. I did have one that was too large so that was easy to solve. If it is too small to make it work it will go in the kids print scrap pile. This way it will still get used.

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6281367)

That's one of the reasons I usually shy away from swaps of small pieces. Even placing the ruler to one side or the other of the cutting board grid line, can result in noticeably smaller or larger cuts. On these smaller pieces, a few threads can make a really big size difference. Then if the fabric wasn't washed first, it ends up even smaller. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking if I join this swap, I'll just take my received squares and if they don't match in size, just cut them all down to 4-1/2". :) Gotta see if I have any swap-worthy fabrics, first. :thumbup:

catpawski 09-09-2013 03:33 AM

Sheri R...........love your selections.............and no they are not to small..............to me it is better they are small instead of too large...................of course small and spread out with lots of blank area is not good............for example one small item and a couple cut off items on a 5 inch square is not the best choice.........

All I have to do is get my doubles together and mine will be in the mail...........If I have a chance I will take a picture............

owlvamp 09-09-2013 03:57 AM

I also have some 6.5 inch blocks for I spy. Maybe next swap will be 6.5 if enough want to participate . I have everyone down so far that PM me. Soon I'll start a list.

sewbizgirl 09-09-2013 07:08 PM

I'm so excited to be part of this... I've never done 'I Spy' swaps, but have been wanting to collect fabrics for charity 'I Spys' for kids.

Question: What about Christmas fabrics? Are they allowed in this swap, or no? I have some Grinch fabric I'd like to use, and another Christmas fabric with little old fashioned toys on it that I would fussy cut. I have plenty of others that will work if you don't want Christmas....

charlotte37830 09-09-2013 10:38 PM

Owlvamp, I'm so glad to see you back. Hope all is well with both you and DH. Count me in. I just sent you a pm.

frizzymama13 09-10-2013 12:51 AM

Excited to swap again! Just finishing up my twists then they'll be headed your way Owlvamp! :-) Will take some pictures as well.

catpawski 09-10-2013 03:23 AM

Doesn't Yosamitesa do 6.5 inch square swaps..........she generally does a theme like farm animals...super heros....etc.........generally she always has one swap going ..........I know I have done several of her swaps but like the 5 inch swap better.........

SheriR 09-10-2013 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by catpawski (Post 6284450)
Doesn't Yosamitesa do 6.5 inch square swaps..........she generally does a theme like farm animals...super heros....etc.........generally she always has one swap going ..........I know I have done several of her swaps but like the 5 inch swap better.........

Yosamitesa does host a 6.5" swap. Her current theme is "creepie crawlies". Her next theme is "hodge podge", where you send any cotton from your stash. She has had an ispy theme before, which is where I got my 6.5" blocks.