Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I Spy Swap w/ Fall Theme Twist (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-swap-w-fall-theme-twist-t253948.html)

owlvamp 09-17-2014 11:26 PM

I Spy Swap w/ Fall Theme Twist

I Spy Swap With Fall Theme Twist
Spy Swap Dead Line to Join is November 8th, 2014

Please cut your charms before joining.

Charms need to be in my hands by November 15th, 2014
Will start swapping on November 15th, 2014

If you would like to be part of the I Spy Charm Swap, here are the guidelines. Please read carefully:

1. Please pm me telling me that you want to enter the swap. In the pm please tell me how many sets you want to do,name and address along with board name. I will then send you a pm giving you my mailing address.

2. We will be swapping sets of 20 charm squares, each 5 inch square. You may send more than one set of 20 charms, up to 6 sets. Each set that you send to me CAN be cut from the same fabric (or 20 different fabrics) . You should be able to cut 20 five inch squares from around 1/2 yard of fabric depending on the design spacing. If you send more than one set, please use a different fabric for each set. I will divide up the charms randomly and return back to you 20 different charms per set. At least that is the goal, and I will try hard to do that! (If you send several sets, please realize that you might get duplicate charms in return.) If you do the twist no fabric from your originals are to be in there.

3. Please send 100 percent cotton only. Prewash or not prewash is exceptable . Squares should be carefully rotary cut from 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that fabrics that are not square, squares too wonky or too off grain, squares that are shedding, squares that contain selvages, or those that are not 5" square will be returned unswapped. Be accurate in cutting the 5 inch squares. The novelty design should be good size, not tiny...it needs to be easily recognizable from a distance.Try to have the character centered on the charm as much as possible.

Be creative in your shopping...it would be great to not have too many sending me the same fabrics! In doing this I've only had a couple doubles. If you want you could post pictures of fabric it helps others in what they will send. Not a must though. Please no flowers, lines, solids,etc. These will be returned to you. We need more children fabric. Trucks, houses, food, characters , sports, camping, lets did dig deep and send in different things. License fabric is welcome. Children's fabrics please!!

4. Place each set of 20 charms in a zip lock sandwich size baggie. INCLUDE your name, address, and QB name on a piece of paper and put it inside baggies. Please buy postage or concealed cash put in your envelopes. You just need to give me the correct postage. If postage is not included I will have to wait to send your charms back until you send the correct postage. I will provide flat rate envelopes they cost $6.10 now. Try to get the new "forever" postage that's available for flat rate. anyone who sends that won't need to send cash. Please include an address label to return to you.
****Outside the US needs to add more postage for it will cost more. I'm sure when you send it you will know what to send. Please send correct amount for I will not ship until correct amount is received.****

5. The last day for me to receive the charms is November 15th, 2014. I will post when I receive your charms. If you are sending them from outside the US, please keep this in mind as it sometimes takes weeks for packages to arrive. I will divide up the charms During the week and send out by November 20th, 2014. Anything received after November 16th will be returned to you.

6. Now for the TWIST Fall Theme
We will do 6 sets of 20 blocks each fall theme. Put each set in its own Baggie . You need to have at least two sets in the original swap.
Now this means anything about fall.. So wagons , pumpkins, leaves, squirrels, i think you get the idea.

Remember to send in what you would like to receive back.
Let’s have tons of fun,and of course you have to follow all the basic rules, found here.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

owlvamp 09-17-2014 11:27 PM

Please don't forget your label!

Normabeth 09-19-2014 05:55 AM

please clarify - I need twenty different fabrics - 6 blocks of each?

dottie dodge 09-19-2014 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Normabeth (Post 6895149)
please clarify - I need twenty different fabrics - 6 blocks of each?

Not owlvamp but I can answer your question. You can swap up to 6 sets with each set being a different fabric. So that would mean that you would buy 6 different 1/2 yard cuts of "I Spy" fabric. You will be able to cut 20, 5'' squares, from each 1/2 yard of fabric unless you buy a fabric that needs to be fussy cut. Then you would need to buy more. Hope that answers your question. This is a fun swap!

owlvamp 09-19-2014 09:15 AM

Thanks dottie dodge for answering her question for me.

Library.Lil 09-19-2014 09:28 AM

Yay! I've got 4 sets cut and bagged but have some more I can cut, so I am in for 6 sets. Would tea/teapots qualify as fall? I only drink warm beverages in fall and winter, but maybe that's just me.

owlvamp 09-20-2014 08:54 PM

I think tea pots would be fine for i use mine in the cooler months.

sew_busy 09-22-2014 05:59 PM

I plan to participate as well. Don't have all my fabric picked yet so not sure how many I will put in. I'm very excited for this swap! I loved looking at the fabric that I got back from my last swap! So very fun!

hairquilt 09-24-2014 06:00 PM

This sounds like a fun swap-I have tons of childs fabrics but have never done an Ispy-let me cut first & then I will send email to you Owlvamp! Excited already!!

Mrs Shak 09-25-2014 10:08 AM

Am I correct...I can send 6 sets of I Spy squares and 6 sets of Fall themed for a total of 12 sets? I'm going to go stash diving this weekend and see what I can come up with. Is Halloween fabric okay?