Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Ideas for our next block swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ideas-our-next-block-swap-t21767.html)

collettakay 06-24-2009 01:58 PM

I know, I know. The black and white swap isn't even over yet and I'm already thinking ahead to the next one. So any ideas? I'm going to think on this a little while before I post any ideas. I'm interested to see what everyone wants to do next.

SulaBug 06-24-2009 02:01 PM

Oh, my goodness, I am definately in!! :D
I will have to give it some thought too. I am
sure that we can figure out a great theme.
Sulabug,
:D :D :D

collettakay 06-24-2009 02:11 PM

Ok, I was trying to think of some things that might inspire our theme.

1. The block mailing deadline would most likely be the end of either August or September.

2. Blue and White and then Black and White have been done.

3. Should we go funky colors or would people not be interested in something of that nature? (i.e. green & pink or purple & orange, just examples don't flip out!)

4. Only color themes or block style theme?

DH needs me outside. Gotta go for now!

SulaBug 06-24-2009 02:14 PM

I would be interested in the pink & green idea.
It's just whatever the whole group votes on!! :D
Sulabug,

bearisgray 06-24-2009 02:18 PM

I'm thinking it would be fun to do something in a 3 x 3 grid format with a color theme.

That might be a little restrictive, but then the blocks might kinda-sorta go together.

There are a gazillion blocks using the 3x3 grid.

How about purple as the primary color -

I (seriously) do like purple and turquoise, purple and lime/chartreuse green, purple and orange/scarlet/gold

collettakay 06-24-2009 02:28 PM

I also just saw a quilt pattern that was "Chocolate and Raspberry". I liked the sound of that.

SulaBug 06-24-2009 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I'm thinking it would be fun to do something in a 3 x 3 grid format with a color theme.

That might be a little restrictive, but then the blocks might kinda-sorta go together.

There are a gazillion blocks using the 3x3 grid.

How about purple as the primary color -

I (seriously) do like purple and turquoise, purple and lime/chartreuse green, purple and orange/scarlet/gold

Me again!! :D :D
I really like all of the color combinations that you have suggested.
This could be really fun & different.
Sulabug,

bearisgray 06-24-2009 02:33 PM

There sure was a BIG response to the black and white theme.

BlueChicken 06-24-2009 02:55 PM

I like purple and green! But then my colour tastes have always been a little odd! LOL

Or it could be a theme.... like chocolate and raspberry, or 1970s hippie style, or the sea, or flowers.

So many ideas! ;-)

sewjoyce 06-24-2009 03:08 PM

Well, OK, I'm in since you pulled so hard. How about using Christmas fabric???