Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   if you're in a swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/if-youre-swap-t260089.html)

Patchesnposies 01-24-2015 07:14 AM

Lynnie, such a great suggestion! Thanks for posting this! Making sure folks put their board name on their swap package really helps, too. I have a couple of swap partners that I know by real names, but not sure who they are on the board! (Yikes!) That makes it hard to send a PM thank you.

Elisabrat 01-26-2015 08:33 AM

Do not post your address here anywhere. Ever. You can post your State or City and State but send your mailing address to your partner ONLY. there are lurkers here on the board and we don't want to share with anyone we don't feel safe with. yikes.

Posting those things that were suggested is a GREAT idea. The more you share about yourself the better chance what your partners send to you will be to your liking. If you hate and I mean hate a certain fabric say so. If you love florals say so! if you love nature or cities say it. the more you want to share the more likely you will find others who have the same interests. This is a great way to make friends (wow!) and to help others make the most of these swaps. We are so lucky that Keepsake does this whole swap and group activities (block of the months etc) that we have to keep these fun, exciting and a true learning experience.

dfelker 01-26-2015 08:44 AM

I better check mine!!

djmat 01-27-2015 06:33 PM

Elisabrat, I was unaware that Keepsake was our host. I don't see it on the Forum board anywhere. How do I find out more so I can show them my appreciation for hosting Quilting Board swaps & group activities?

Michellesews 01-27-2015 08:44 PM

I joined the birthday candies swap but I cannot find where to update my profile to reflect this. Any ideas?

patricej 01-28-2015 01:10 AM

Our swaps are not sponsored at all, by any commercial entity.
I believe Elisabrat was using the keepsake swap (which is not on this board) as an example.

while i would never discourage generosity, please do keep in mind that you are not obligated to send anything not specifically called for in a swap here. if it adds to the fun ... great. if it will break your budget ... 'nuff said.

djmat 01-28-2015 10:00 PM

Lynnie, thanks for the reminder! I finally have a place to put my allergy - granulated Tide, even though I don't think a longtime quilter would use Tide. Just putting it on my bio made me feel more comfortable!

I print out a Word Doc with my avatar & board name (16/sheet) for each swap & put one in each little bag. All bags go into larger bag with a self addressed mailing label taped to the outside. Been using that same bag for two years because the host always returns it with swap charms from others. Oh, I send the swap host a self addressed sticky label to ease their mailing back to me. When I must use envelops with brads on the back, as a courtesy, I put tape over it to keep fingers safe. Willing to learn more anytime you want to put it out there. Thanks, again!