Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/irr-iii-2010-2011-%7D6%7B-first-rounds-t59671.html)

Kherrin 08-16-2010 09:52 AM

Hey Ladies...it looks like I am the "point person" for our group! Does that mean if something goes wrong everyone points at me...LOL!!! Looking forward to this swap, but am a little scared too...Have my center done...I think...have to do the label will post as soon as I learn how! WE NEED A NAME!!! We have one member from Australia...I have not checked to see who has done this before or how long any of us have been quilting. Maybe we can all gather here and find out more about each other.

jamh 08-16-2010 03:59 PM

Hi I Amy this is my first IRR also! Very excited!

Maybe1day 08-16-2010 05:24 PM

Hello Ladies,

My name is Kathleen, I am the "International" part (on my side) :lol: being as I am Australia. How exciting that my quilt is going to go to all these new places then come home to me. Wow!

This is my first IRR as well, likewise I am excited +++ and also a little apprehensive or is it scared? however I promise to do each and every quilt that passes through me, the justice it deserves.

Am so looking forward to this activity and getting to know you all as well.

Thank you Kay, you must be a very responsible person being the "point person"

Cheers
Maybe1day :D

Maybe1day 08-16-2010 05:26 PM

Amy, love the picture of the quilt on your blog. Gorgeous colours.

Cheers
Maybe1day

jamh 08-17-2010 05:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought i'd post my block!!

Kherrin 08-17-2010 06:48 AM

WOW...Amy I love the block! I remember seeing it on the other thread. Maybe we will all be new and that will make this even more exciting! Do either of you have an idea for a name for our group? We need to do that so I can go ahead and design my lable. Kathleen...I am not so sure about being responsible...maybe I just got picked...LOL...we'll see! It seems the best thing for all of us to do is just take a really deep breath, relax and just let all the centers/quilts talk to us and do the best we can do and I feel sure that will take care of all of us and we will all have something we will love and be proud of when we are done!

jamh 08-17-2010 08:53 AM

How about this for the name "6 stiching sisters" or "stiching }6{ around" as in 6 ladies and rounds! I dont know just brainstorming!! I tried to make the 6 look like a butterfly, but it doesn't have to stay that way!! lol

Kherrin 08-17-2010 09:55 AM

I like that....}6{ Stiching Sisters...sounds good to me...I guess I need to PM the other members of our group and let them know about this thread. I did put it on the main one though.

vbourck 08-17-2010 01:03 PM

I am Vicki, and this is my first RR also. I am glad to do international and think having a quilt go to Australia and back is pretty amazing! Currently I am international also, as I am on a mission trip to Malawi, Africa. I return on Sunday August 29 and will make my center when I return. I have purchased some beautiful African fabric and am thinking about making my center with some of it, still not sure though. Internet here has not been reliable, so may not be on too often until I get back. Really looking forward to this project!
Vicki

Maybe1day 08-17-2010 03:16 PM

Love the block Amy, looking forward to working on it.

Kay, I am going to hang the blocks when they come in on my design wall and get a feel for each one over a few days in the hope that I will then be hit by some thing inspirational.

Now off to sit down and catch my breath.

Cheers
Maybe1day