Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2012-doll-quilt-swap-show-us-where-youre-t170376.html)

rwquilts 01-11-2012 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4863517)
They are just gorgeous! Mine is coming along. I'm paper piecing so it's taking a wee bit of time to finish!

I agree! They are great! I also have been paper piecing some of my blocks! Love, love, love Paper piecing! :)

Krystyna 01-11-2012 08:43 AM

Judith, I'm piecing and also ripping! I took a class on how to make my blocks and forgot everything I learned! There are two sizes and now I remember ... it is easier to do the large size than the small one. This little quilt is actually going to be a semi-audition for the challenge quilt for my guild. (If I can find the challenge fabric!) I just asked Melissa if she would join and she said no, but I will keep nagging her. I think, however, I might get my son to join!

Judith1005 01-11-2012 10:11 AM

Thats awesome. They have some wonderful hand towels on etsy. That could so easily be turned into a mini quilt.Yes, I sometimes ok, more than sometimes have to rip it to because I put the fabric in the wrong place or miss a seam. But generally, I do enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4864455)
Judith, I'm piecing and also ripping! I took a class on how to make my blocks and forgot everything I learned! There are two sizes and now I remember ... it is easier to do the large size than the small one. This little quilt is actually going to be a semi-audition for the challenge quilt for my guild. (If I can find the challenge fabric!) I just asked Melissa if she would join and she said no, but I will keep nagging her. I think, however, I might get my son to join!

nancia 01-11-2012 02:26 PM

i love it when guys join! but they just don't talk much.... or do we shout over them?

Krystyna 01-11-2012 02:44 PM

Well, he will probably do better than I am at the moment. My blocks are having serious problems ... and you know what that means. My partner is probably going to get something ... "artistic" ... when me and the fabric are done doing battle.

nancia 01-11-2012 02:58 PM

krystyna-- i LOVE artistic! it's what i do, and what i live for and it hurts every time you put it down. art is a gift. there are many who can only follow a pattern and do not have the vision , the gift, or the confidence to venture off the page. please, embrace your gift and don't mock it. it's precious!

978gray 01-12-2012 07:33 AM

My last child goes back to college on Saturday. I can not wait. I have my quilt all planned out and just need the alone time to execute. I have a date with my sewing machine on Saunday!!!

Krystyna 01-12-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 4865420)
krystyna-- i LOVE artistic! it's what i do, and what i live for and it hurts every time you put it down. art is a gift. there are many who can only follow a pattern and do not have the vision , the gift, or the confidence to venture off the page. please, embrace your gift and don't mock it. it's precious!

Nancia, thank you for your kind words. My little quilt is done. Is is oddly shaped for a doll quilt and not at all what I planned to do, but it's done! Except for the binding (need a LOT of practice) I rather like it! If my partner doesn't mind, I might post a photo of it.

Jmncolts 01-12-2012 09:22 AM

This is REALLY neat!! I'm going to keep this in mind and hopefully be able to participate some time!! :) Is it always "Show Where You Are From" theme or does it change monthy? I will have to start brainstorming! :) The ones I saw in the thread were amazing!

FAYE 01-12-2012 10:05 AM

I am missing all the chit-chat....somehow I lost the "daily digest" connection...how do I reset it?