Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2013-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-t208901.html)

Lynnie25 01-03-2013 01:12 PM

So excited to have buslady as my partner this month and waiting to hear if she has favourite colors for her DQ, then it's deciding which idea to go with :)

Lynnie25 01-03-2013 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have just returned from a relaxing couple of weeks at our fishing shack - beautiful sunny days sewing and reading on the verandah looking out at the lake. Had my young quilter friend come for a weekend and here she is showing off her 3rd little quilt she has made and a butterfly block, she is so enthusiastic and quick to learn about quilting, even if she is left-handed which makes it a bit of a challenge for me :)

Dragonfly Nana 01-03-2013 03:50 PM

Oh Lynnie, how wonderful that you are teaching a young quilter. Her work is is as lovely as she is.

Elisabrat 01-03-2013 04:41 PM

I have my top done :) just a small sash and quilt away! question dear partner did you want to hang this or put it on a table? its larger than the usual one that I do almost croak not to large I pray 20" square.. can make it a bit bigger not sure smaller but can redo it smaller if you need smaller. oh wise one please advise. lol I was just having fun with the colors and not thinking. this happens to me. more than I care to admit!

Krystyna 01-03-2013 07:39 PM

I've selected my fabric. Just need to clear off a space to cut it on. Then ... away we go!

Elisabrat 01-03-2013 11:59 PM

tell me selecting fabrics was fun krystyna.. some joy? I love picking the fabrics its this one no no that one no those three absolutely oh wait those two would be so great though and well I pull a ton then have to work to put them all back where they belong when they are vetoed. lots more fun that pulling.

Dragonfly Nana 01-04-2013 03:46 AM

Linda - large is fine with me 'cause I hang them all on the walls in my sewing room. Bring it on! I have yours cut out and ready to sew. Work gets in the way during the week but the this weekend the thread will be flying at my house!

Dragonfly Nana 01-04-2013 03:47 AM

I guess I should as the same of you - Hang it or on a table - what is your preference?

Psychomomquilter 01-04-2013 04:36 AM

yeaaaa! got my name, so terher, do send me a private message...

Krystyna 01-04-2013 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5760843)
tell me selecting fabrics was fun krystyna.. some joy? I love picking the fabrics its this one no no that one no those three absolutely oh wait those two would be so great though and well I pull a ton then have to work to put them all back where they belong when they are vetoed. lots more fun that pulling.

Well, there's that. The putting away. Now it's not so hard and also harder. I have fabric in under the bed plastic totes. Nothing like crawling around on the floor with dogs thinking you're down there to play. :)

Someone sent me some of my favorite designer's fabric -- Kaffee Fassett -- in jelly rolls so I pulled out what I thought would go beautifully together. Started slicing last night. Now I'm not so sure. BUT I will sew them together anyway. I might make a second one. Who knows? Besides experimenting with my new beautiful machine to see what she can do, I haven't actually made anything yet!