Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2016 mug rug swap" be my valentine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2016-mug-rug-swap-my-valentine-t273548.html)

terriamn 01-10-2016 11:21 AM

Wow, here in Minnesota have never heard of using orange along with green for St. Patrick's Day.

KLTQuilts 01-10-2016 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee (Post 7429614)
Monale -- The traditional colors of St. Patrick's Day are green, white & orange, the colors of the Irish flag. The green represents the Republic of Ireland, the orange represents Northern Ireland & the white represents peace. St. Patrick's Day fabrics here in this country may have celtic motifs or shamrocks or even leprechauns, or someone may choose to use just those 3 colors -- green, white & orange. (In this country, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!)

So, the other option for February is to make a mug rug in green & white. Or multiple greens & whites.

February's swap will be partner's choice, which means the person making the mug rug has to adhere to her partner's choice. So if you decide on green & white, then that's what your partner will make for you. I'm thinking there are no fabrics available to you specifically for St. Patrick's Day, but you can still use green, white & orange, correct?

Some people won't really mind either way.

I hope you find this helpful, Monale.

Thanks CTYankee for that update :thumbup: I wasn't aware of the "orange" either, but I do have that color in my stash!!!

This will be a fun MR Ladies! :o

Mona G 01-10-2016 02:55 PM

Got my mug rug and goodies, thanks dotcomdtcm, just trying to figure out posting photos from my phone.

beckyw 01-10-2016 03:05 PM

Got my mug rug done and ready to go to post office tomorrow.

ctyankee 01-10-2016 03:13 PM

Terriamn & KLTQuilts -- I was just giving Monale some insight on the Irish colors. If your partner wants a St. Patrick's Day mug rug, you can use green & white only. And sometimes people substitute gold for the orange, but the color of the flag is green/white/orange.

Last year I got a pair of lovely green/white/gold mug rugs that I keep on my hutch year 'round, & I love them dearly!

Let me see if I can post a photo of them -- for inspiration!

ctyankee 01-10-2016 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I took a photo & downloaded it. They're the same size ... I don't know why my photo makes one look bigger!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539887[/ATTACH]

Each has a variety of fabrics with the right colors, some with St. Patrick's Day colors & some not. As I said, I do love these & keep them on my hutch all year long.

Hope they provide inspiration! You can always go back to last year's February Mug Rug Swap for more inspiration!

lynnie 01-11-2016 07:42 AM

I see nothing wrong with using beautiful shades of green and a white accent.

Nelco 01-11-2016 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my mug rug from terriamn. Thank you so much

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539934[/ATTACH]

lynnie 01-11-2016 11:51 AM

Nelda, pretty mug rug and yummy hot cocoas.

queenof2802 01-11-2016 11:54 AM

Just have a little left to do, the binding. Hope to be postal by the end of the week.

We had a dusting of snow yesterday and again this morning. Not enough to stay home though. The temperature is 36. I hate to be cold!