Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Batik Disappearing 4 Patch Swap - sign-ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-batik-disappearing-4-patch-swap-sign-ups-closed-t237082.html)

jclinganrey 12-20-2013 09:41 AM

January Batik Disappearing 4 Patch Swap - sign-ups closed

JANUARY BATIK DISAPPEARING FOUR PATCH swap - Sign-ups open until January 30th. Each month is loads of fun with a wide variety of fabrics in each swap. Sew much fun!

Welcome to our monthly D4P swap. Here’s how it works: we will all be making 8 ½” unfinished D4P quilt blocks in a different theme each month. One set equals 6 D4P blocks. You may make as many as 6 sets of 6 blocks each which would be thirty-six (36) D4P blocks. Wow! That’s a lot of quilt blocks. Imagine how cool that quilt will be??? I know! Right??? If you are making one set, you may either make all the blocks using the same theme fabric(s) or you may make each block using a different theme fabric(s). If you are making more than one set (up to 6 sets), please use a different theme fabric in each set.

January’s theme is BATIKS. Please use ONE BATIK FABRIC AND SOLID BLACK PER BLOCK.

In case you’ve never made a D4P quilt block, here are the instructions:

http://sewwonderful.blogspot.com/201...o-9-patch.html

Please use 100% cotton, quilt quality fabric to make your quilt blocks. Please PM me by JANUARY 30th to sign up. Please provide:

• QB screen name
• Real name
• Number of sets you are making/sending
• Email address
• Phone number

After I have received all of your information I will add you to the list of swappers and PM you a message with mailing information. BE SURE to include the USPS package, filled out with your mailing information, in your package to me. Set(s) of D4P quilt blocks will be due by FEBRUARY 28th.

Mailing: please put blocks in a large ziploc baggie along with your name and address on/in the bag. This will help protect your blocks in case your package is damaged. Please purchase a USPS Priority Mail® Padded Flat Rate Envelope (9 ½” x 12 ½”) for $5.95 and fill out your name/address etc. This will be your return envelope so be sure to put this in your package as well!

Basic swap rules may be found here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

REVISED 11/20/13 jer

sustraley 12-20-2013 03:51 PM

So, if I send in one set using different batik fabric, I will get back 6 blocks of different fabrics, right? And every month through 2014 we will have different block themes to make in the D4P? Just want to make sure so I know what my possibilities are.

MaryMo 12-20-2013 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 6466365)
So, if I send in one set using different batik fabric, I will get back 6 blocks of different fabrics, right? And every month through 2014 we will have different block themes to make in the D4P? Just want to make sure so I know what my possibilities are.

Sustraley, are you considering making a 12-month quilt ..... one block from each month? just wondering .....

createfourpaws 12-20-2013 09:20 PM

I am in for another 6 sets. Can't wait to see all the different batiks that come in.

Bluelady 12-20-2013 09:24 PM

Thinking about it....

sustraley 12-21-2013 04:21 AM

Mary Mo-I have no clue-as usual. Trying to figure it all out first. That might be a good idea though.

jclinganrey 12-21-2013 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 6466365)

Yes, yes, and yes. Each month we have a different theme. November was 30's reproduction, December is black/white/brights and our new one - - - January is Batiks. We're really having lots of fun.

Hope you decide to play with us!

Jane

jclinganrey 12-21-2013 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 6466746)
I am in for another 6 sets. Can't wait to see all the different batiks that come in.

:thumbup:

Jane

moonwork42029 12-21-2013 09:15 AM

Is the black just plain black or does it have to be a batik black?

I have batiks but really haven't used them so I don't know if I can find a batik black that looks solid? Am I confused?

Do you happen to have a sample picture of this arrangement?

Please & Thanks

jclinganrey 12-21-2013 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 6467360)
Is the black just plain black or does it have to be a batik black?

I have batiks but really haven't used them so I don't know if I can find a batik black that looks solid? Am I confused?

Do you happen to have a sample picture of this arrangement?

Please & Thanks

Please use a SOLID BLACK, i.e., Kona solid or Moda Bella Black are examples. No, we're not using Batik black as it's too inconsistent; too many variables.

I'll post an example sometime this weekend.

Jane