Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January FAT QUARTER swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-fat-quarter-swap-t209733.html)

starshine 01-04-2013 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 5761513)
Why do we have to stick to common holiday themes?

I don't think it has to be. If you want to suggest a theme I think Brenda is open to ideas. As she stated some had suggested this theme as a way to have fabrics for this purpose. I've only done this swap for a few months and she has had some varied and open to interpretation themes too. She could also have Feb. have a "president" theme since President's day is in Feb. -but not sure how that would fit for international-maybe English swappers would do royals.
Unless it is too overwhelming for Brenda to get suggestions on the thread here I would guess it is where folks could suggest themes. I really liked last August's theme -I think it was Summer or what summer means to you.

Anyway as hostess the theme is Brenda's call.

Now I better get my pm sent to Brenda.

quiltingdragon 01-04-2013 05:47 PM

I think I'm going to join in this month, I don't have much Valentine's fabric. I'd like to do two sets.

sewellie 01-04-2013 08:18 PM

I like the themed because I don't have any themes. So I buy 1/2 yard and have some for myself and my swap.

Ellie

auntpiggylpn 01-04-2013 08:30 PM

I wanna play!!!

Elisabrat 01-04-2013 11:52 PM

I like the themes and what uncommon themes could we get? the color of your favorite wines/ blue unicorns? I mean how uncommon is there and who has five of them if they are uncommon? ok like the color of all of your pets. give me valentines day anytime and st patricks or easter or spring if you dont do easter then that leaves what april showers so rain? and may day some german ribbon fabric? and june bugs only bugs.. those would be uncommon. valentines can be something like red purple pink white black hearts roses flowers candy fabrics surely there as so many that are valentines that are not valentines right?

I have lovely valentines sitting on my iron board waiting to go out. and only one says valentines the rest are just ones that work with the theme. Anyone want some? lol come and gettem! I love novelty fabrics so you cant miss with me.

MaryMo 01-05-2013 06:22 AM

IMHO .... what about themes of stripes, batiks, plaids or specific colors (like blues or yellows or browns or greens) or maybe colors of fire or kids prints or flowers or transportation or subdued colors or colors of the sky..... I could go on and on with a variety of themes. I like holidays, just like creativity more; guess I'll have to be content with creative fabrics for holidays.

quiltingdragon 01-05-2013 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 5763611)
IMHO .... what about themes of stripes, batiks, plaids or specific colors (like blues or yellows or browns or greens) or maybe colors of fire or kids prints or flowers or transportation or subdued colors or colors of the sky..... I could go on and on with a variety of themes. I like holidays, just like creativity more; guess I'll have to be content with creative fabrics for holidays.

I just joined for the first time this month, so don't know what previous themes have been. I'm working on a black and white quilt, would love a b/w print swap, same with red and white.

happylab 01-05-2013 12:57 PM

I heard the flu is pretty bad this year, even if you did get the flu shot, different strain. I'm interested in this months swap.

jaba 01-05-2013 03:49 PM

Brenda, I gotta' put in my 2 cents. I hope you leave it just the way you've been doing it. It's been easy to put together fabric and I have been able to use most of it, if I found a piece I couldn't I can always pass it on and hope someone else can. Please don't change, it's perfect the way it is.

brenda21 01-05-2013 04:32 PM

Hi everyone...just to let everyone know...sometimes we do things like colors or batiks (that was one of the summer month ones actually)...we've also done senders choice...we just happen to be in the midst of several holidays:eek: