Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-30th-noon-t172839.html)

quiltymom 01-28-2012 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr (Post 4917705)
Hint, hint...I have no idea what you are talking about. But if you were my SP a 3rd time I wouldn't cry.

You just never know!!!!

lawsonmugs 01-28-2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 4918440)
I do too, I just don't get the big picture of all the screaming I guess.

I don't get it either. I won't mention their name anymore and give them advertising.

onaemtnest 01-28-2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr (Post 4917711)
Ladies and gents, I have to tell you...If I see that JCPenny commercial with the people screaming one more time I may scream...and never go to JCP again. Doing a little sewing with the TV on and I have seen it about 6 times...and it makes me want to scream.

Deby

That is absolutely, unequivocally the WORST commercial ever!!!!!! I think I'm going to write to JC Penny's CEO (you can find home address' of CEO's online....and tell them so :0) Okay maybe I won't but it's that offensive to me.

dabbler312 01-28-2012 10:14 AM

They're probably extreme couponers and they are screaming because the sale will not require any coupons.
Thank goodness for the mute button.

Krystyna 01-28-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 4919234)
They're probably extreme couponers and they are screaming because the sale will not require any coupons.
Thank goodness for the mute button.

I confess. I am a coupon fanatic. I get insane when my husband or son shops without coupons.
Speaking of expired coupons, etc. ~ did you know that Kohl's cash never expires?

Krystyna 01-28-2012 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 (Post 4918695)
OK I think I have FINALLY figured out how to get my pictures posted so here goes. (keep your fingers crossed). This is the wonderful pkg I got from quiltnut4ever. Don't ya just love it all......I know I do. Thanks again quiltnut!!!!

Great package! Lots of goodies for Valentine's Day!

wanda lou 01-28-2012 11:38 AM

Lori did you ever hear from my Pal?
I hope she's ok.

greenini 01-28-2012 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4918472)
I just don't understand it. Are they saying no more coupons? Low prices all the time? What's the point?

That's exactly what they are saying. They used all these coupons and markdowns and that's going away, now if a sweater costs $6, they are going to mark it $7, no sales no coupons. I think they have chosen a very awful way to advetise, myself. Once is too much for that commercial!!

candi 01-28-2012 07:01 PM

I guess I don't watch enough TV as I have no clue what commercial you all are talking about. But sounds like I am lucky to be ignorant, lol.

Ok, for all of those who asked, here is the pineapple upside down cake I make in my electric skillet, I suppose you could use the same recipe in the oven or stove top even, I never tried, so venture at your own risk, and BTW, I started with a recipe and through trial and error finalized this one.

1 Yellow Cake mix
1 20-oz can sliced pineapples, drained and juice reserved.
2 eggs.
Maraschino cherries
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 Tbsp. butter

Combine the cake mix, reserved pineapple juice and eggs and beat until smooth. Sometimes, I slice a couple of pineapples and thrown them in there as well. (if I remember that is,lol)
Melt the butter and add brown sugar, stirring until dissolved. Arrange pineapple slices at the bottom of the skillet and add a cherry to the center of each pineapple ring. Pour the cake batter and make sure it is even in the skillet.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes. (I keep the cover on after I turn the skillet off for another 5-10 minutes).
Place a large plate over the skillet and carefully flip the skillet to unmold the cake, Admire your creation and dig in.

thomp116 01-28-2012 08:28 PM

Thank you, Candi! What temperature do you set the skillet at?