Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-30th-noon-t172839.html)

Havplenty 12-30-2011 03:48 PM

my bestest friend of 30+ years has always wanted these two things. well after 30+ years of battling her weight issues, she had the stomach band surgery (not sure what its called) in september. when she came home to visit for the holidays, she looks soooo different. she has lost 68 lbs so far and what a difference that has made is how she looks. her mind justs needs to catch up with her body now. so she only has the fat bank account to work on. i hope she makes it.:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Tussymussy (Post 4824219)
Dear God,
My prayer for 2012 is for

A fat bank account & a thin body.

Please don't mix these up like you did last year.

AMEN!

Havplenty 12-30-2011 03:56 PM

what a bright cheerful pattern. if you cannot find the pattern this should be an easy one to recreate and make it your own. those look like 10" squares so would cut your bright and white rectangles 5.5" x 10.5". the flower looks appliqued so i would look at some free flower petal applique patterns to find one that suits your taste, put this all together and presto you will have your very own happy daisy quilt.

caveat: this is all from a person who has befuddled a simple strip twist quilt creation. take with a grain of belief.:p

Originally Posted by arizonagirl (Post 4825178)
Lori is the Happy Daisies pattern that you are looking for? If so I can give you 2 links for the quilting board that talk about this quilt. No one seems to know much about this pattern, but 1 of the threads talks about how she made her's. I am also almost certain that I have seen this pattern in one of my quilting magazines. I can look for you if this is the one that you are looking for. Just let me know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]298942[/ATTACH]

Havplenty 12-30-2011 03:59 PM

ok i off to try and fix my quilting mess.

quiltnut4ever 12-30-2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4824055)
Awww, Debbie I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.
As for the rest of you ... you're all correct! Once again I will use my super powers to control the minds and vehicles of postal workers so that all packages will be diverted to you-know-where!

Oh no not again Krystyna! Before you know it you and Candi will be sharing the powers to be! What a hoot you are!

arizonagirl 12-30-2011 05:12 PM

That's pretty much it. Just figure out what size you want your blocks to finish at and go from there. It's an easy thing to make your own flower petal templates and stems as well.

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4825249)
what a bright cheerful pattern. if you cannot find the pattern this should be an easy one to recreate and make it your own. those look like 10" squares so would cut your bright and white rectangles 5.5" x 10.5". the flower looks appliqued so i would look at some free flower petal applique patterns to find one that suits your taste, put this all together and presto you will have your very own happy daisy quilt.

caveat: this is all from a person who has befuddled a simple strip twist quilt creation. take with a grain of belief.:p

Lori Peercy 12-30-2011 05:41 PM

yes that is the one

Originally Posted by arizonagirl (Post 4825178)
Lori is the Happy Daisies pattern that you are looking for? If so I can give you 2 links for the quilting board that talk about this quilt. No one seems to know much about this pattern, but 1 of the threads talks about how she made her's. I am also almost certain that I have seen this pattern in one of my quilting magazines. I can look for you if this is the one that you are looking for. Just let me know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]298942[/ATTACH]

i found the lady that originailly posted it and she said it was not hers but now a wo man has come forward and claimed it and wants $8 for the pattern. I think I will wing it. It can not be that hard. It is just so HAPPY. It yells HAPPY and I want me some happy. Lori

Havplenty 12-30-2011 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4825253)
ok i off to try and fix my quilting mess.

wow my brain must really be fried. there was no emergency i guess my eyes were playing color tricks on me. it takes 8 alf blocks to make one full block, four of those halves leads with red and the four leads with green. thank goodness for ge. my light bulb just came on:shock:

Havplenty 12-30-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 4825505)
i found the lady that originailly posted it and she said it was not hers but now a wo man has come forward and claimed it and wants $8 for the pattern. I think I will wing it. It can not be that hard. It is just so HAPPY. It yells HAPPY and I want me some happy. Lori

good for you and it will be your own happy quilt. it is simple piecing and you can use any flower applique pattern you want.

dabbler312 12-30-2011 06:54 PM

Just too funny - thanks for the giggle.

Judith1005 12-30-2011 06:54 PM

Hi Guys, I have to sit this month out. But, I hope to join up with you again next month. I will stop in along the way and visit until I can join in again.