Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-2013-secret-pal-swap-closes-june-30-4pm-cst-t224471.html)

Gaijin 07-28-2013 02:28 PM

Thank you package

1 Attachment(s)
I received a lovely "Thank you" package from Knitette a few days ago! I wanted to thank her again for being so gracious and also thought it would be nice to share a picture!
Lovely slippers, gift wrap set, cookies-yum!, wine glass coaster cover, fabric and ribbon, magnet, special marking pins with lettered beads, a lovely note, and flavored tea (whiskey is one of the flavors!)

Thank you so very much!

Gaijin (Deborah)

LindaR 07-28-2013 03:14 PM

I have also never heard from a SP after I know she received it...don't keep track of the names just go on to the next month. I know unexpected things happen but it does make ya wonder LOL

lawsonmugs 07-28-2013 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 6200963)
I had lawsonmugs as a secret pal this month and she sent a wonderful package, I have not had my camera with me anytime I was home so brought it over to Marty's where I'm staying right now. Mary deserves to have the pictures shown. For some reason they will not load! I have resized and when I click on upload images it just sits there and the thread I am trying to put it on goes away. She made me one of her pin cushion chairs in black and white fabric with needles and thread and buttons on it, it is beautiful I don't know how it she does such small work! She also sent 6 FQs 2 with fishing theme and the others tone on tone, love my M&Ms and she sent embroidery floss, 2 magnetic note pads (she must have known somehow I had used my last) The jar with buttons is so cute the top has 4 holes in it and she attached pink ribbon as if it where a button itself. She made me a tissue holder and makeup bag in matching watermelon fabric and self threading needles, I Love them! It was a thoughtful package and I loved everything in it! I just wish I could get the photos to upload, I will keep trying because if you have not seen Mary's chair you are missing out.

Lori,first your welcome for your swap. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Second I also had trouble posting a picture. Same problem you had so I followed the instructions Sibi posted on page 40 posting #394 on this july thread.My picture finally posted. hope this helps everyone. Mary

Nancy in Louisiana 07-28-2013 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wanda Lou sent me a great package this month! She must be a tad clairvoyant since she sent me a roll-up tool caddy which is identical to the one a almost bought and regretted not getting --I'll be traveling and away from home for the next three weeks and I was looking for something compact that I could stuff in my suitcase. She also included scraps (love 'em), great fat quarters, an older xmas quilting mag, and a paper piecing pattern for flower baskets that I'm anxious to try when I get back home. Thanx, Wanda. Everything is appreciated and willl be put to good use. That was a very personal package for me and I loved everything in it. Hope I get the chance to return the favor soon.

Lori Peercy 07-28-2013 08:32 PM

lawsonmugs secret pal package

Hopefully these will be pictures of my package for July, didn't work using Sibi's instructions after I clicked on "manage attatchments" nothing happened

Lori Peercy 07-28-2013 08:40 PM

pictures

5 Attachment(s)
Here we go again, it worked! Yea! I like to multi task as you can see. lol

Knitette 07-28-2013 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gaijin (Post 6201538)
I received a lovely "Thank you" package from Knitette a few days ago! I wanted to thank her again for being so gracious and also thought it would be nice to share a picture!
Lovely slippers, gift wrap set, cookies-yum!, wine glass coaster cover, fabric and ribbon, magnet, special marking pins with lettered beads, a lovely note, and flavored tea (whiskey is one of the flavors!)

Thank you so very much!

Gaijin (Deborah)

You're most welcome - a small token of appreciation. Not only did I receive that humongous parcel (pics already posted) the other week, I then got the 'Spicy Spiral' table runner pattern I wanted most and a bundle of Hanky Panky FQs she had me sent from New York! Thank you.

Nancy in Louisiana 07-29-2013 07:09 AM

That chair pin cushion is adorable!!! I wouldn't know how to even begin to make something like that. I love pin cushions. Great job! And a wonderful package, Lori.

lawsonmugs 07-29-2013 08:05 AM

Lori glad you too figured out how to post pictures. Everytime I figure it out somehow the board changes it's posting .Nancy the chair is really not that hard. Looks harder than it is. Mary

maggy 07-29-2013 03:25 PM

Aug. Swap

Just sent mind to Lori....Almost missed it.