Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July to October 2021 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-october-2021-wall-hanging-swap-t315745.html)

Rhonda 09-16-2021 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lena1952 (Post 8508061)
Those are lovely! Thanks for sharing them. My wall hanging is complete and first a change I'm not rushing at the last minute to finish up. LOL I liked the swap one so much that I also made one for myself. So it's a double share? Thanks so much for making this so enjoyable Rhonda.

You're very welcome Lena! I am so glad you are enjoying the swap! You can post a picture of your wall hanging if you like. You won't spoil any surprise because no one knows who will get what til they receive. We'd love to see your WH!

Rhonda 09-16-2021 08:27 AM

Who can send International?

Trying to get a jump on our international need to send a bit early.

Please let me know if you can send early. Probably a week early maybe 10 days early.
I like to try to have everyone receive about the same time but time often goes by before I realize I should have set this up.
So this swap I am trying to get an idea of when Internationals should go out. I can put a deadline for internationals in the Swap rules.

Thank you so much to those who are willing to send out international.
It is the difference between our international friends being able to join us or not.

We have such wonderful swappers and I so appreciate all you do!! Without you the swap would not stay alive!!
I am very glad you all enjoy the swap!!

Wishing you Sunshine and Laughter!

Lena1952 09-17-2021 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 8508100)
You're very welcome Lena! I am so glad you are enjoying the swap! You can post a picture of your wall hanging if you like. You won't spoil any surprise because no one knows who will get what til they receive. We'd love to see your WH!

I'd love to post a photo but I've never had any luck getting this accomplished. Not for the lack of trying, I can assure you. I've read the posts on how, but after hours of trying just gave up. So I guess my WH will sadly be a surprise to everyone.

R-sea 09-26-2021 06:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sitting through the winter months, looking through magazines for ideas for my wall hanging ," Applique or patchwork " . October is here must make up my mind, haven't much time as spring here is full on with camping and music musters so here is my decision . patchwork

R-sea 09-26-2021 06:14 AM

The photo I have posted is the fabric I will be using

Teen 10-01-2021 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That’s really pretty, R-Sea! Like you, I brainstormed and decided to do a pieced pattern with a touch of applique..

My Wallhanging is complete…here it is…. I decided to do a barn quilt this round. This is the pattern I’ll be using to paint a barn quilt for my front porch. I even really like the colors so I may just replicate this in paint. It is 22”sq. I sewed the sleeve on last night…So I am officially ready to ship! Woohoo!

Teen 10-01-2021 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lena1952 (Post 8508216)
I'd love to post a photo but I've never had any luck getting this accomplished. Not for the lack of trying, I can assure you. I've read the posts on how, but after hours of trying just gave up. So I guess my WH will sadly be a surprise to everyone.

I will be glad to post a picture for you…just PM me if you’d like me to do this for you! I’m excited you joined this round and can’t wait to see your creation.

Teen 10-01-2021 09:42 AM

Rhonda…so sorry I missed your trunk show! I haven’t been on board for a couple of weeks with traveling and family visits. Those are all so pretty! That’s fantastic that the swap has been going on for 9 years. I love this swap and the opportunity for creativity knowing it may be hanging in someone’s home. Encourages me to do my best..

Rumbols 10-02-2021 09:14 PM

Hey everyone. Missed all of you. .Hope everyone is staying healthy. We are finally have cooler weather here.
Got my WH done and sent Rhonda info. Can't post a pic but used Missouri Star pattern called 'Finished".
Love all the pics posted. Rhonda, loved your trunk show. Great bunch of quilters we have here.
Been busy with family dramas. Also, working on Christmas gifts, still have 8 more quilts to get done by December 1st and in the mail. Never enough time in the day.
Looking forward to mailing time.

Teen 10-03-2021 09:15 AM

Hi Rumbols…it’s good to hear from you and that you, at least, are doing well. Sorry to hear about family drama issues. Definitely can consume your time and emotions. You’ve got quite a Christmas list to tackle so, hopefully, the joy of quilting will bring you some relaxation an peace. Good luck on your goal of 8 quilts!! Hugs!

I’ve been working on smaller projects lately. I hope to start whacking into fabric for some quilt projects this week. I planted over 100 bulbs the last couple of days. Our weather in Idaho has normalized for a bit and the California fires smoke has cleared out of our valley. Smoke really did a number on my allergies. I couldn’t be outside beyond 30 mins. It was terrible….but not equal to the tragedy for so many people in Calif. On a positive note, my brother and his wife came for a visit… Such a great time. My other brother is due next week. Woohoo! Stay safe…have a good week!