Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Postcard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-postcard-t311505.html)

Boop56 06-24-2020 12:56 PM

July Postcard

July -- Makers choice July 4th Anything Red/White/Blue **Or** July 20th National Moon Day
Y​​​​​​ou will be making One fabric postcard.
This swap is open to all levels of sewing.
*Please post pictures of postcards you receive.
* Cards must measure approx 4" × 6"
* Must be predominantly sewed and/or quilted. Embroidery by hand or machine is also welcome.
* Must have some type of finished edge.
* There are tutorials on YouTube if you need some references.
* Pinterest has many good ideas if you need some inspiration to kick off your creative juices. *If you can take a picture of you postcard before you send it, it would be appreciated. That way if your partner cannot post a picture for some reason, then you can post it. We all love looking at each other's work.
* Note: We will only be sending postcards due to the price of postage. Please let me know if you can send internationally. It costs around $1.20.
Partner's names will be assigned July 3rd.
If you are mailing International, please mail by July 10th
Please let me know if you could do another postcard if we have an odd number or if someone signs up late.
>llllllll<
Next few months:
*Day *August -- Your interpretation of Sunshine or Moonbeams
*September -- Makers choice of September 3rd - National Skyscraper Day *Or* September 9th - National Teddy Bear Day
*October -- Black Cat(s)
*November -- Leaves
*December. -- Christmas Trees
* Janruary -- By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea {Sea related or Sea colors}
* February -- Anything using Color (or Colors) Red, White, Pink, Black, Green

This way you can get ahead when you have time and it leaves you time for other projects. Watch for sign ups for these in their proper months. Thanks Everyone

Please post ideas for next year. Thank you

m-fay 06-24-2020 03:58 PM

Count me in again. I still haven't received my May card yet but mail is really slow now

juliasb 06-25-2020 08:39 AM

I think for July I will sit out. I have a lot going on in July heath wise. This will be the first one I sit out since I started in this swap. Hopefully back in Aug.

R-sea 06-25-2020 11:02 PM

Add me to the list please

R-sea 06-25-2020 11:07 PM

I have received all my cards . I have made Julys card . The October one has me stumped

j50 06-28-2020 01:17 AM

I"m in for July.

Boop56 06-29-2020 05:00 PM

m-fay
R-sea
j50
Boop56
Small group so far.
How is everyone doing? I was out of town for my birthday and come home to find out my brother (56) got in an altercation at our neighborhood WalMart, and fell and fractured his hip. It's just a mess. He is an alcoholic and he refused going to rehab center. His girlfriend can't take care of herself, nor him, nor the dog. I literally had to walk away from the drama and it will be whatever it is. I told my husband the next step is calling a welfare check on them and let it go from there.
But in the upside, we went to the gulf for my birthday and it was beautiful.
My card was done before I left. Everyone I owed cards to, should have or be receiving them.
Okay, well hopefully a few more will sign up.
​​​​​​​We are starting to go back to phase one in our town in Florida, so if you cannot get out to find what you need, just use what you have and make what you can.

mpepperm37 06-29-2020 06:36 PM

I tried to say no, but.... here I am again. I'll join in. : )

Boop56 06-30-2020 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by mpepperm37 (Post 8397870)
I tried to say no, but.... here I am again. I'll join in. : )

😊😊😊 Glad to have you!

Boop56 07-02-2020 07:32 AM

m-fay
R-sea
j50
Boop56
mpepperm37
Looking good.