Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June 2016 Postcard Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-2016-postcard-swap-t278827.html)

Judith1005 05-20-2016 03:51 PM

June 2016 Postcard Swap

Names will be assigned 6-1
Deadline to mail is 6-20

This swap is for ONE FABRIC postcard.
*Cards must be appx. 4 x 6
*Have some type of sewing or quilting.
*Have some type of finished edge.
Be creative, try out new skills, embellishments, etc. Have fun. Google or Pinterest fabric postcards for lots of "eye candy" and/or tutorials.

Theme: STEAMPUNK

To sign up: Please pm me with your:
-QB Screen Name
-Real Name
-Address
-Can you mail International
-I must have your info for my records only. Please pm each other to exchange addresses. For your safety, personal messages only. Do not post here in the postcard thread.

The rules are simple. You will pm me when you mail your postcard off and when you receive your postcards. And, you will afford your partner the same courtesy. You will mail your postcard with the correct postage. If in doubt, have it weighed by the post office. And please, make sure your name and address and board name and your partners name and address are on the postcard.

Judith1005 05-20-2016 03:52 PM

Don't let the theme scare you off. It is so much fun working with this medium. I had a blast making my postcard for my partner.

cuppy 05-20-2016 04:19 PM

Sign me up for June! Found an entire section of steam punk ideas at Holly Lobby.

Judith1005 05-20-2016 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by cuppy (Post 7554989)
Sign me up for June! Found an entire section of steam punk ideas at Holly Lobby.

Oh yes! Michael's has a really nice section in the jewelry section also. And, if any of you know of the online party store " Oriental Trading Company", you can buy steam punk embellishments there also. But, the coupons at Hobby Lobby, Michael's and JoAnns are just as good a deal. I found I really Iike this art medium when I was researching the theme. It was really fun.

Betty J 05-22-2016 02:25 AM

Please join me up for this swap, Judith.

Melanie Rudy 05-23-2016 08:00 PM

I am going to be out now until the fall. See you then for sure. I love this swap.

Irene C. 05-24-2016 07:34 AM

Hi ladies.....just lurking around and thinking...
I've done a steampunk mixed media tag(paper) before but never done a fabric post card.

nhnative 05-24-2016 08:54 AM

I'm in for this month

dotcomdtcm 05-25-2016 06:14 AM

My kids were extremely impressed that Mom is doing a Steampunk piece!

cuppy 05-25-2016 05:08 PM

Yes, everyone was like wow... when I told them the post card theme, Steam Punk ,co workers were like that is so cool. Everyone loves the name the song theme. Someone wanted me to do the Puff the magic Dragon... Now I want to make it.