Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-mug-rug-swap-patriotic-colors-picnic-your-choice-t265561.html)

regm 06-24-2015 01:03 PM

TPr9258, I got your package today. I really like the mug rug, the fireworks fabric is great. Thought I could post a picture, have the written directions when my neighbor helped me last month but now it all looks like Greek to me. If you took a pic before sending, please post. Otherwise I'll try to snag my neighbor tomorrow and try this all over again. I really like the other things, the pin, bookmark and those wine coasters. Will put it all to good use. Thank you again.

dee1245 06-24-2015 01:12 PM

posting a pix for you

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]523358[/ATTACH]

I am posting a photo of my swap to Daisy Dew per her request. I hope you are not out of the exchange over this incident. And I hope your husband is doing better.

[QI UOTE=Daisy Dew;7236913]I feel just horrible writing this but I was not able to send out my exchange until yesterday. We've had a life changing event happen with my DH and since that happened I just have not been functioning very well. Thank the good Lord he is out of the woods but recovery will be long and slow they tell me. Still in hospital but will go to rehab hopefully sometime this wk or early next.
So sorry to let my exchange buddy down.
I rec'd hers sometime back but didn't open it till this past weekend and it is just the best! I hope she will post a pic as I havn't taken a pic of it.
So I guess I'm out of the exchange and was so enjoying it. It was wonderful seeing everyones creations and getting to know you all.[/QUOTE]

sewbizgirl 06-24-2015 01:30 PM

Beautiful mug rug and gifts, Dee!

I hope we get to see the one Tpr9258 made, as well! Love seeing the creations...

ctyankee 06-24-2015 02:10 PM

I didn't think I was absent, but there's a lot I've missed.

First of all, I didn't know about Daisy Dew's hubby. I went back several pages & still couldn't find anything. So I apologize for not addressing that. Daisy, I'm sorry about your hubby & I'm glad to hear he's on the road to recovery. If you were late because of that, believe me, it's not a problem. You are not out of the swap. If you wish to continue, just please PM me. If you think you'd like to join in the July mug rug swap, we'll be happy to have you. I will PM you about this.

And I see I also missed a LOT of mug rugs -- all beautiful, by the way!

snownannie -- very cute birdhouse mug rug & wallet & thread catcher from Jan R, who always does lovely work.

annt -- that picnic mug rug is adorable, plus other goodies. Love postcards myself!

Letsquilt -- thanks for sharing photos of the granddaughters & their pillows! It's wonderful to share your love of sewing with the next generation. Someday I hope to do that -- when my daughters get married & have children (& I hope I'm not too old to enjoy them).

dfelker -- love that patriotic mug rug, & the backing is super adorable!

dee1245 -- a lovely mug rug from Daisy Dew & nice goodies, too.

I hope I didn't leave anybody out, but the chances are pretty good I did, since I had a lot of catching up to do!

Now, is it my imagination, or what? A couple of people mentioned extras but didn't post any photos of extras, only the mug rugs. Speaking for myself (&, hopefully, a lot of other people), I like to see the extras. Maybe I'm nosey. Or maybe I just like to be inspired by what other people do. If I see something I like, I may just pine over it, or I may try to make one, too! Anybody with me on this one? And I do think the person making the extras would like some credit for their efforts, too. That goes for anything someone has purchased for their partner, too. It gives me ideas. Yeah, maybe I am nosey, after all!

Good job, everybody. Now I will go back & see if I missed anyone. Let me know if I did!

ctyankee 06-24-2015 02:19 PM

Aha! I knew I missed something!

Whigrose, that's a nice mug rug from Chocolate Lynn. I see you asked her to put triangles on the back. Now that puzzles me. I've been quilting for 30+ years but have no idea what the triangles are for! Please enlighten me. (See, always something to learn!)

Nelco 06-24-2015 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7236806)
Sweet grand daughters, LetsQuilt! They did such good jobs with their pillows.

Cute picnic mug rug by Nelco. What are the ponytail holders for? Do they have a sewing usage I don't know about?

Can't wait to see my mug rug on Friday!

The little pony tail thingies are the right size to put on bobbins.

Whigrose 06-24-2015 04:16 PM

Ctyankee, The folded half square triangles are to place a dowel, or in this case a skewer, to hang them from- much like a sleeve and rod but in mini. Need a pic?

best,
deb in Maine

QUOTE=ctyankee;7237369]Aha! I knew I missed something!

Whigrose, that's a nice mug rug from Chocolate Lynn. I see you asked her to put triangles on the back. Now that puzzles me. I've been quilting for 30+ years but have no idea what the triangles are for! Please enlighten me. (See, always something to learn!)[/QUOTE]

TPr9258 06-24-2015 05:04 PM

Glad you will enjoy them, sorry to say I didn't take a picture,but if u want to sent me a picture via private email I will post it lol

Nan62 06-24-2015 07:22 PM

Anxiously waiting still for both my mug rugs . I'm like a little kid at Christmas waiting to open packages. Lol. I. Ready for July already . I'm in !

Nan62 06-24-2015 07:30 PM

Jan Rutheford that mug rug is adorable and all the little extra hand made goodies too !