Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-may-30th-noon-t189781.html)

fayzer 06-04-2012 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 5264313)
Darlene and Krystyna I would love to get some fresh honey or beach plum jam - I'll have to find my recipe for english muffin type bread so I'm ready when my package arrives.

ME-E-E-E -E too!

Havplenty 06-04-2012 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 5264313)
Darlene and Krystyna I would love to get some fresh honey or beach plum jam - I'll have to find my recipe for english muffin type bread so I'm ready when my package arrives.

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 5264383)
ME-E-E-E -E too!

meeeeee-ee-eee three!!!:thumbup: i'm off to see the wizard now.

Krystyna 06-04-2012 07:38 AM

And just in case I get any of you as an SP ... how do you feel about home canned hot peppers -- great on sandwiches -- or tapenade - a mix of eggplant, olives, garlic and other secret items that make a wonderful spread on brioche?

lawsonmugs 06-04-2012 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5264223)
Darlene, I for one, would be thrilled with honey!!! I was planning on sending my pal and some other folks some of my beach plum jam. If they don't like it, they can dump it and use the jar for something!

Either of these would be wonderful to recieve.

brenda21 06-04-2012 08:36 AM

well for me honey or plum jam would be great...hot peppers or tapenade would not be.....and I hope I'm not UFO's partner because eating giraffes or owls would be gross:shock:

dabbler312 06-04-2012 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5264566)
And just in case I get any of you as an SP ... how do you feel about home canned hot peppers -- great on sandwiches -- or tapenade - a mix of eggplant, olives, garlic and other secret items that make a wonderful spread on brioche?

Krystyna I love hot peppers (I have them most mornings with my eggs) and have never tried canning my own - we grow them and make freezer corn salsa and pepper poppers. Can you share your canning recipe. The tapenade sounds delicious - I've never had any but would welcome some in my package.

brenda21 06-04-2012 08:44 AM

ok here are todays hints....one package is staying in state...could probably drive it over there and it will actually be going out in todays mail....other package is going to a regular in the south and will go out today or tomorrow:thumbup:

Krystyna 06-04-2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 5264714)
Krystyna I love hot peppers (I have them most mornings with my eggs) and have never tried canning my own - we grow them and make freezer corn salsa and pepper poppers. Can you share your canning recipe. The tapenade sounds delicious - I've never had any but would welcome some in my package.

Pretty much anything with high acid can be put in a boiling water bath for the standard time -- so peppers in vinegar are fine that way. Anything else, like the tapenade has to be pressure canned. Late in summer I have my canners going around the clock. We're working on figuring out the equipment we need for my son's killer hot sauce. It's fine to can in a jar, but I need to get the equipment to sterilize and fill bottles. It's so hot I can't even have a teeny lick of it.

stitchingpost 06-04-2012 08:51 AM

I just got my sp name,lost my phone for a few days ,found it in the barn,working on my sp box today,she from that state where that pointy thing gose way up in the sky!!!!!!hummm well anyways I love jams,honeys ,and hot pepers,anything caned I do a bit of canning.

greenini 06-04-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5264566)

DH LOVES tapenade, can't get good Italian subs down here so is forced to make his own and actually makes his own tapenade as well.