Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-may-31st-4pm-cdt-t222245.html)

fayzer 05-28-2013 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by queenof2802 (Post 6086834)
Hey there!! Copy and paste the participant form in the 1st post of the thread to me, queenof2802. Welcome to the swap!

Queenof2802, You are on the wrong swap thread. You are welcome to join us though. We'd love to have you.

Quercus Rubra 05-28-2013 08:37 AM

Ms. Lori.... I have read the New rules and have signed up for the new month. I have sent you 2 pm's.

Sincerely,
Tricia

hav4boys 05-28-2013 11:30 AM

I am not signing up for June, but will be making handmade items for my SP from May. I sent their packages and they have been received, but I want to make handmade items for them. It seems life is getting in the way of my swapping and I never want to make someone feel bad. My whole purpose in doing the swap is to make others smile. Hopefully the July schedule will slow down for my family. Have a blessed day. and swap, swap, swap.

Jamimclaugh 05-28-2013 02:29 PM

My first secret swap! Excited! Sent the pm :)

lawsonmugs 05-28-2013 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sdwill (Post 6090071)
I try to play by all the rules. :p I just don't want to be a person that is responsible for someone getting their package late.

We live on FIL's farm. He's up in his mid 80's now (& health is failing) and BIL works the farm full time. The rest of us all have full time jobs of our own but help out during the hay season. BIL is trying to keep FIL from over doing it and keep him off of the tractors (he tears something up everytime). BIL and his wife have been gone all weekend helping their son and DIL move so we were in charge. I looked up yesterday and asked DH who left the bushog hooked up to one of the tractors because FIL was driving down the road on it (we figured out FIL is no longer able to hook the equipment up to the tractors by himself so we keep everything disconnected). DH just said a few choice words about he was either going to be working on a tractor or bushog before his brother got home. I have a time trying to keep up with my FIL and my mom. It's a 30 minute drive to my mom's so we finally hired someone to take care of her yard work and be a "handyman" for her. She actually pays him for the yard work, we cut him a check every month for all the extras and checking in on her. He even goes down and takes her trash to the road for us every week.

We buy hay but still have pasture to bruchhog twice a year. So I do understand how busy the farm is right now. My husband is 75 and still doing his farm chores himself.Good thing you are able to hire someone to keep an eye out and help with some smaller chores. Good luck and hope to see you back soon. Hugs Mary

lawsonmugs 05-28-2013 02:55 PM

Jamimclaugh- welcome to the swap,hope you enjoy it. Lots of good people here.Mary

Jan Rutherford 05-28-2013 04:48 PM

YIPEE!! I'M in for JUNE...Sop much fun and I really enjoy a treasure box in my mail besides bills and junk mail. PM to LORI on its way.

sewdamncute 05-28-2013 06:08 PM

I'm in!!!!!!

ssnare 05-28-2013 07:00 PM

I signed up, even though I have not received a May package yet.

jaba 05-28-2013 07:10 PM

Back from vacation and missed it so much, even when I've been on the bench. Have to go for another month, love putting these packages together for my SP.