Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June's Pincushion and Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/junes-pincushion-needlecase-swap-t222115.html)

queenof2802 05-23-2013 05:42 PM

June's Pincushion and Needlecase Swap

DESCRIPTION:
Thisis a Secret Partner Swap of your choice in cushion, needle case orboth. You may sign up for up to two spots in both groups for a totalof 4 partners.
Thismonth there IS a theme or color choice to this exchange. ForJune, I have decided to honor the colors red, white, and blue sincethey will be arriving just in time for the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] of Julyholiday. Everyone's cushion and needlecase should be just thesecolors. International swappers are encouraged to join us!
Allskill level welcomed!
CONSTRUCTION:
1.The cushion/case does not have to be quilted or hand embroidered,although it can be. It MUST be handmade - not purchased.

2.Both must be made of 100% cotton fabric. Needle case may have woolor felt insert.
3. Embellishments/applique/embroidery are welcome but not required.
4.The size and shape of the pin cushion/needle case is up to theindividual creating it, but should not be smaller than 3” x 3”.
SIGNUP:
Sign up beginstoday and ends Friday, May 31[SUP]set[/SUP]2013 at 7pm CST. I’llwill begin assigning SP's June 1[SUP]st[/SUP]through June 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]depending on number of participants. Please respond to the threadwith a post. Then, copy the information sheet and PM it completed tome. Don't forget to tell me how many spots you want. I willacknowledge receipt of your PM.

DUEDATE:
The deadlinefor all pin cushions/needle cases to be mailed to your SP is Monday,June 74th, 2013.I understand that lifedoes happen, if for some reason you will not be able to fulfill yourobligation, please PM me no later than June 10[SUP]th[/SUP],2013 so that I can locate an swap angel. If you do not do this Iwill be forced to report a negative feedback score.
MANNERS:
PleasePM me with your tracking number when you ship. Also, PM me when youreceive. This is so that I can mark off my spread sheet. Rememberto thank your partner, either by a post or a PM for a personal thankyou. I would also like to see that you report a feedback score toyour SP. Pictures are encouraged, but not required. We all loveseeing what everyone is receiving. If you are unable to post apicture, please make sure that you mark that on your informationsheet so that your SP can take a picture before shipping it. Pleaseunderstand that this board has members with differing skill levelsand you will not necessarily be swapping with someone at the samelevel. Let's mind our manners by loving the creation we are sent,whatever the standard of sewing, piecing, quilting. We all startedsomewhere and the most important our SP made it with you inmind!
EXTRAS:
Thisis a secret exchange. Pleaseput a card/note inwith your pin cushion/needle case so that your SP knows you made it.It is not necessary to send other items such as needles, pins, etcbut you can if you wouldlike.
PARTICIPANTFORM:
ScreenName:
RealName:Address:City,State, Zip:
Isthere anything you like to collect?:
Besidesquilting, what do you like to do?:
Doyou have Allergies (smoke, cats, dogs etc):
Doyou smoke?:
Doyou have cats, dogs etc:
Doyou have a digital camera to post pictures on the thread?:
Canyou mail international?
emailaddress:
phonenumber:
Thisform will be given to your SP (minus the email address and phonenumber that is for me should I need to contact you should you notrespond to the thread or PMs) . The more you put on there, the bettershe/he will be able to get to know you. Plus, I will be using thisto partner you with your SP.
Ifyou have questions, please PM me and I will try to answer as quicklyas possible.
This swap has been approved by PatriceJ.
REQUIRED:
Iam required to insist that participants send me a monthly PM toverify that they are still active in this swap and are working ontheir promised project.

I am required to insist thatparticipants notify me as soon as they have finished their quilt andare ready to mail it.

Once I have received notice that bothpartners are done and ready to mail, I will send both a PM to letthem know it’s time to mail.

I am required to insist thatall participants send me verification of shipment, to
includetracking information.

Participantsare required to ensure packages will not arrive “postage due.”

Anyand all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by therecipient’s government are the sole responsibility of therecipient.

Absent legitimate and reported mitigatingcircumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligationto ship by July 3, 2013 shall be deemed “late” and risk receivingNegative [Swap] Feedback.

Please keep in touch with me asrequired as well as your partners. Please let me know right away ifsomething happens that will interfere with your ability to completeyour project on time.

Swappers should treat each other asfriends and focus on the fun. So … please be prepared to beflexible, patient and understanding if necessary and appropriate.

SHOULDYOU HAVE PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE PM MEIMMEDIATELY!

Coordinatedby: queenof2802

Quilty-Louise 05-23-2013 07:38 PM

I'm in will send the form in soon.

IrelandDragonQuilting 05-23-2013 07:45 PM

I am so in this go around! Been stalking long enough! But when is June 74th?? teee heee!!

lauriejo 05-24-2013 05:15 AM

I'm baaccckkkk!!!

Old_Rosebud 05-24-2013 06:20 AM

Woo Hoo! I am sooo busy this summer but these swaps are fun! Send you the form in a bit queen.

queenof2802 05-24-2013 09:27 AM

I made a new day. How funny! Keeping you on your toes!

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 6081902)
I am so in this go around! Been stalking long enough! But when is June 74th?? teee heee!!

lynnie 05-24-2013 11:14 AM

i sent you a pm this am thanks

queenof2802 05-24-2013 07:38 PM

Welcome to June's swap!!! Found my pincushion pattern today. I just have to shrink it. It is really supposed to be a pillow, but I fell in LOVE with it!! I am still searching for my needlecase pattern. May just have to come up with something on my own. We will just have to wait and see.

queenof2802 05-25-2013 10:18 AM

So far we have 17 pincushions and 5 needlecases. Come join us!!! International swappers are WELCOMED.

IrelandDragonQuilting 05-25-2013 12:38 PM

I completed my first pin cushion today! Made a pattern I have been wanting to try for a long time and was to scared to. Well I pulled up my boots and made it! It turned out better then I expected. Now for the second one. I am not sure if I want to make two different pincushions or make the same one twice. I might just make a bunch and go from there since I do have time. Is there a size limit on pincushions? Because the one I just made is huge!