Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Kitchen Kapers Block Swap ...sign ups close april 29th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/kitchen-kapers-block-swap-sign-ups-close-april-29th-t176940.html)

RedGarnet222 01-25-2012 02:43 PM

Kitchen Kapers Block Swap ...sign ups close april 29th

This is a swap for kitchen / diningroom/ veggies and fruits /ect. type blocks in set of 6.

The signups are open now and will close april 29th. The deadline to have them here is may 15th. I will mail them out by the 30th of may back to the group swappers. (Or before if possible) LOL!

The swap is open to all levels of quilters. Please use ...100 percent good quality cotton fabrics... that are prewashed. I understand that if you are using pre-cuts (jellyrolls, charm packs) may be impossible. Just write a small note and clip to each block to advise the reciever (s). Many fabrics shrink or dyes run... so please do this first step to make our projects something nice after washing and that we can be proud of.

Please make your blocks before you sign up for this swap. The signups will close on april 29th and the blocks should be to me by the assigned deadline (may15th) or unfortunantly they will have to be returned to you unswapped. Many swappers all make a point of getting thier blocks here on time or even early, so I can't hold them up. Please understand!!

I am happy for you to send them as early as you want after this swap opens. Please pm me and I will give you the address of where to send them.

Please send me a pm to sign up for the swap. I can miss any members trying to let me know they want to sign up on the board swap thread pretty easily.

The finished block size can be any size block divisible by threes. Don't forget the seam allowances!!

Please Note*** the smallest is a 6 inch finished block so the smallest will a 6 1/2 by 6 1/2 Unfinished and so on. (The size of a send- in block will have the half inch seam allowances included ) There hasn't been an interest to do the 3 1/2 inch squares, so we are eliminating them this time. For example...

The send in unfinished sizes can be , 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 , 6 1/2 x 9 1/2, 6 1/2 x 12 1/2 or the same with the nine or twelve inch sized blocks.

The max sized block is 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" .

Please do not send just a cut piece of fabric as a block. It won't count towards your block sets and would have to be returned to you. Remember make something you would like to recieve! There are darling images out there with
kitchen utinsils, plates and platters, cooking pots and pans, canning jars full of jams, veggies or chowders, breads, fruits (even dancing fruits lol), chefs hats and aprons, cakes cupcakes or homemade candy. Well... you get the idea.

*This swap will be for sets of six (6) blocks. The limit is 4 sets per swapper, please.

* If you wish your blocks to have eyes (or whatever) that are not embroidered on while making the block, please put the beads or whatever the is the embellishment into a pinned onto the block small envelope or baggie.

They do not have to be all the same. And it is possible that you will not get the exact same sizes back that you sent. Also, please note, you could or could not be getting any of your blocks back, so if you wish to have one of your blocks, please make another for yourself if you really like your blocks.

Place the individual block sets into plastic baggies marked with your board name. Then attach your board name to each block with a pin or post it or even staple it to the very edge in the seam allowance. Some people have used sticky return labels and it works great to stick them on the back side to identify each block.

The block images can be anything accociated with the the kitchen or dining room. We will be using any colored backgrounds that would show off your blocks the best.

There are many images and blocks available on the web and magazines, or make something up on your own. Embroidery works too! Lets have some fun with this! Just remember, if you are doing applique, you must sew it to the blocks in such a way that it is washable later. You can't just iron it on.

*Mail your block sets to me in a priority flat rate envelope using only a postage stamp (stamps)on both the return envelope and the main envelope by may 15th. There has been a problem with the post office accepting the pre-metered envelopes, and I would hate to have your envelope held up because of expired postage. So please use a stamp! If you have the old stamp, pleae make sure you add the additional postage to reflect the new postal rates.

Place a self addressed flat rate priority return envelope in with the postage stamp (s) attached inside along with your individually bagged block sets. Label each block with our board name.

With the flat rate envelope we don't have any problems returning them to you and assures you recieve them back promptly.

Please Note ***The metered envelopes are a problem, as they will expire and not be any good by the time they are mailed back out. I can not be responsible for any postage due. I am not rich ! LOL!

* I will mail them back out to you by may 30th.

Should you have any questions or problems please contact me by pm. A person can opt out if there is a problem with getting the blocks here on time to swap. Life sometimes gets busy and I understand.

Please read all the general swap rules of the board, these also apply to this swap. They are located on the top of the swap board written by the administration. Or, here is the link ...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

~~The rules had to be posted, but now to the fun stuff!! ~~~

Kitchen stuff and all of the fruits and veggies and everything else found in there is so fun and so are the images we can use! Lets share our blocks on the thread when they are finished and talk about our bocks till the swap is done. That really makes the swap fun for all.

Come on Everyone let's put our thinking caps on and have fun with this swap! It will be so different than anything else we have done before. I know there are lots of cooks and hostesses out there that would love to have tabletoppers, tablerunners, placemats, aprons and such with these cute blocks on them! Maybe even a quilt done this way would be something different to work on.

RedGarnet222 01-25-2012 02:56 PM

Here is a link to some images that show up on a google search just to get those creavite juices going...

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isc...9l1019l0.7l7l0

RedGarnet222 01-25-2012 03:04 PM

And this one is adorable....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2402025...7627585993281/

moonrise 01-25-2012 08:07 PM

How absolutely ***CUTE***!!! :thumbup:

RedGarnet222 01-25-2012 08:48 PM

Hi Moonrise ... I just finished some redwork teapots I will set into a blocks and show and tell maybe tomorrow. They kinda look like cross stitched. I am debating on the outside colors Maybe a golden yellow or just a matchy matchy red. I gotta see what I have that looks good.

I ordered some really cute fabric by michael miller (I think) on sale from the fatquartershop.com on line for some pieced ones for other blocks with Ice Cream sodas and floats on it. And another one that has little kids with fun food by timeless treasures... So cute!

RedGarnet222 01-25-2012 09:11 PM

I just went and looked... They are both michael miller prints.

craftymatt2 01-26-2012 07:20 PM

Sew very cute

amberr533 01-27-2012 07:56 AM

Oh Red this one looks like fun, I think that I will just have to join in on the fun. I just recently purchased some really cute kitchen designs for my embroidery machine and they will be perfect for this. I can't wait to get started. :)

RedGarnet222 01-27-2012 09:40 AM

Oh dear... That sounds great amberr! I will post my teapots as soon as I figure out the borders on it. I am still working on my summertime blocks too and the silent aucton charity items. Nothing like a few irons in the fire.. LOL!

RedGarnet222 01-28-2012 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my first blocks for the kitchen swap. It is currently only six and a half but, they are getting a outside border done with a hello betty, honey bun by moda fabrics onto them. That has all of the old time blue, green and red from that era prints.