Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Magical Forest Swap - Sign-Ups Close May 15, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/magical-forest-swap-sign-ups-close-may-15-2012-a-t182047.html)

athenagwis 03-17-2012 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare (Post 5067543)
Anna, cute blocks. I hope I get someone's gnome.

I am going to do my best to give everyone a good variety of blocks!! :) That's part of the fun of these swaps, you send in 6 of the same block, and get 6 different ones back!!!

Cheers!
Rachel

tropit 03-18-2012 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5058640)
I have some finished but darn camera is acting up! I know I need a new one but not right now! too much other fun stuff to spend my money on! Like Fabric.

I did a few gnomes and a few Mushroom houses, and a few trees. So far I have been having so much fun experimenting with some of my own creations. I love this swap!

I promise pictures this week. i am taking the camera to walgreens and see if they can get the pictures off the disk and onto a readable format for me.

My camera is always MIA too. TIP:I just scan them now on the scanner. The pix come out great.
~ C.

tropit 03-18-2012 06:31 AM

Making a "Man's Man" Kinda Quilt

Al lot the blocks posted are just adorable...I luv'm! But this time around, I'm making a quilt for an older man...a retired logger. So, I hope that some of you will feel so inclined to make some, "Manly" blocks too.

~ C.

Annaquilts 03-19-2012 12:53 PM

Tropit, how would that look like with this theme, magical forest swap? Could you show us an example or what you made? Thanks. I am just not sure what to picture.

Originally Posted by tropit (Post 5070014)
Al lot the blocks posted are just adorable...I luv'm! But this time around, I'm making a quilt for an older man...a retired logger. So, I hope that some of you will feel so inclined to make some, "Manly" blocks too.

~ C.

athenagwis 03-20-2012 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5073786)
Tropit, how would that look like with this theme, magical forest swap? Could you show us an example or what you made? Thanks. I am just not sure what to picture.

I think she would like to see more gnomes and non-pink trees and stuff. I think there will be plenty of those to go around though!! Remember the pics posted are just a small portion of what I'll get. I don't normally do requests because swaps are hard enough to swap out, but tropit, if you put a reminder note in your squishie, I will do my best to get you more manly-er blocks!! :) :)

Rachel

athenagwis 03-20-2012 03:01 AM

Oh I also wanted to say I received the first set of blocks yesterday from moonrise!! Lovely lovely things. :) I can't wait to see more of you guys' blocks in person!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel

jacquie 03-21-2012 03:04 PM

ssnare, i'm sorry to tell you this, but, i think you have a bit of a fungi problem going on at your place!!!:shock:
:D LOL :D

but it's good! they're lovely!! well done!!
:Dheehee...

QUOTE=ssnare;5055229]Moonrise, love the blocks, especially the dragon, unicorns and the little red mushroom. Here are pictures I have been working on. My blocks are 6 1/2 x 6 1/2, 6 1/2 x 3 1/2, and 9 1/2 x 6 1/2.[/QUOTE]

Nancy in Louisiana 03-21-2012 03:42 PM

Trees

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the three sets I've done and hope to have in the mail soon:

athenagwis 03-21-2012 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana (Post 5079819)
Here are the three sets I've done and hope to have in the mail soon:

Ooooh I love these!!! Wonderful job!! :) :) :)

Rachel

moonrise 03-21-2012 04:13 PM

Awesome! :thumbup: