Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "Make it round" mug rug swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/make-round-mug-rug-swap-t181969.html)

MaryMo 04-01-2012 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5102629)
Ok, are we putting on bias binding or are we turning these? Is there a preference? I noticed a variation.

I like to have a binding on my projects, so I've made mine with bindings .... and one surprise.

abdconsultant 04-02-2012 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5100126)
There are some pretty mug rugs here, but are we just putting in the cotton batting? Just checking so I know how to do mine correct. I have not started so no panics yet, but will be using an embroidery design to so one and thought I better check on that before complete construction is done. There are some really nice ones. Also, is it ok to copy an idea on here? I like the selvage one and I have a bag of selvages that I am giving away to a friend, but thought it might be fun to try using them. Let me know.

Go for it! Batting can be felt, flannel or batting.
:)

abdconsultant 04-02-2012 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 5107160)
I like to have a binding on my projects, so I've made mine with bindings .... and one surprise.

Do your own thing! Have fun and experiment.:)

abdconsultant 04-02-2012 05:40 AM

Assigned partners for make it round swap

name partner
brwn_eyedgirl cuppy
candi starshine
cuppy brwn_eyedgirl
dixie_fried Donna H-M
Donna H-M dixie_fried
jaciqltznok KathyM
KathyM jaciqltznok
LeslieFrost Mamaskeeto
LindaC Linnie25
Lynnie25 LindaC
Mamaskeeto LeslieFrost
MaryMo QuilterMomma
Nancia squillot
Ok Darla RoseCactus
Pam1111 TiltedEars
QuilterMomma MaryMo
Rose Cactus OkDarla
squillot nancia
starshine candi
TiltedEars Pam1111

Donna H-M 04-02-2012 06:25 AM

Abd, Thanks for doing such a fun swap.

Glad to see the partner list, now I can get started on #4 :)

QuilterMomma 04-02-2012 07:18 AM

Sent pm to my partner. Was waiting for the announcement. Someone I have not exchanged with. This should be fun.

Mamaskeeto 04-02-2012 11:40 AM

Sent a pm to my parner now I need to get busy and finish two more round mug rugs

candi 04-02-2012 03:29 PM

Woo hoo, partners are assigned!
I will be PMing my partner in a minute here.
Finished one of my four mug rugs today and despite needing some troubleshooting, I think it turned out cute. Starshine, do you want a sneak peak or surprise? Here is a hint for you on what I am doing: seasons :)

abdconsultant 04-02-2012 04:11 PM

Notice I'm the odd man out, if anyone wants to send me one i'll send one back no need to do 4. Just send me a pm. Have fun everyone!:)

starshine 04-02-2012 07:19 PM

Candi, I love the hint of seasons. Feel free to do a sneak peak. It's a surprise whether I see it here or when it comes. And I have had a hard time lately trying to do a photo on here unless I use my camera phone (and it isn't a smart phone). So let the good times ROLL!!!